reciever box, stashing wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Was just wondering what everyone did on their savage x to make sure all the wires are tucked in and not being crushed. I just added my hump pak and had alittle trouble with all the wires. I also hav the futaba fsu2 failsafe and wired it so its on the outside of the box where the battery light indicator goes. Would b nice to see and hear what everyone did. I'm sure there are diFfrent ones.

this is my old set up from last year before i had the futaba 3pm radio(which has a built in fail safe) and before adding a rpm box on the side to house the Receiver & rush battery box up front.

i just "folded & jammed" the wires into the box cuz i knew i would be changing the locations of things.

heres how it looks now with battery & Rx in different location & bigger tank

for now, my extra wire is "folded & tied" cuz I'm plannin to mount the Rx inside the tvp where the wires are folded up now. when i get it completed, i will shorten all wires to the shortest functionable lengths.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the factory radio box can be some what challenging. I bought my X used and everything was crammed in there and the lid was pinching at least 3 wires, it's a chore with the battery indicator, the switch ,the charge lead,hump pack and radio power in there to stuff it all in without pinching something. Is there a better box or way for a basicly stock truck?

That is definately a design flaw, the cables should not be mashed together in there. Especially on top of the reciever, that's the only thing I didn't like about the design of the truck.

I've actually severed some of my wires from my hump pack (since they are softer than the other cables). I routinely find new breaks in the wire's plastic covering of the hump pack batteries. My hump pack is now mostly electrical tape.

I haven't found a good solution yet. Even though I try to get them all in, it never seems to work that well for me. I would certainly appreciate some tips. I'm running stock electronics for a Savage X 4.6 RTR.

You guys should have seen my 25 with reverse when I got that, it had the old style box with like 5 hair pins holding everything in and stuff pinched everwhere. I got the new style box and it's a little better but too small. Maybe a little box on the side, saddle style is a better mousetrap?

Hey, that's a pretty clean install. You have 2 dogbone shaped pieces from shock tower holding it, what did you make 'em outta? Is that all that holds it?

Umm, could I get the p# on that box I think I need one. I can't get any access to the smf store website so no link for me:C.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back