Receiver mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koiboy

Hi,

Is there any other way of mounting the reciver with the 250cc tank other than in a box on the side? How big is the firestorm reciever box big enough to fit a hump pack and a micro receiver in it. This is the reciever I have.

Another option I have is the rpm box but will I fit a hump pack and receiver in it?

If not I might just zip tie hump pack onto the front shock tower.

I have almost finsihed the mod just need the reciver problem sorted out and a servo extension. Will get a build thread sorted soon.

Thanks
Elliot

Hi thank for the reply I have got the irc batter mount but I am trying to keep costs downa nd its goin to coast around $25 for the 2 over the pond :(

I will just get the rpm box and zip tie hump pack on

Thanks
Elliot

The hump pack can go ziptied under the tank plate on the left hand side. It keeps the weight down lower and its well protected in there. Then the battery lead can go right through the TVPs and into the RPM radio box.

Thanks for that suggestion I think I will do that. Does the rpm box fit straight on ( no hole need to be drilled)? Which RPM box do I use, as theres a few different one?

Thanks
Elliot

Sorry also forgot to add. Is there enough room in the in the rpm receiver box to fit the on/off switch as well as the receiver?

Thank
Elliot

Depends on the size of your receiver. I had enough room with my Spektrum RX to have an Earnst charge receptacle and an ON/OFF switch. A cheaper (and slightly larger) alternative is to get a project box from radio Shack. They come in a variety of sixes but the smallest one is the one you want and its only $3.

As for mounting holes for the RX box it depends on the TVPs you have. I had FLM TVPs when I did my 250CC tank mod and there were servo mounting holes on the left TVP I wasn't using and the mounting holes for the RPM box lined up with them perfectly.

The RPM box that I use is for the RC10. Here is a black one but they also come in blue and yellow.
http://cgi.ebay.com/RC10-GT-Black-R...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56406a29c6

Brilliant. My reciver is very small classed as micro so I think it will be fine. I also have FLM tvps so all is good. Will get one of them rpm boxes ordered now.

Thanks
Elliot

how do you mount the reicver box? Had it for ages now and finlaly got enough time to get her running. Do you fix it to the side of my flm tvps using nut and bolt? Any pics?

There should be a set of holes on the left TVP that are the same spacing as the steering servo mount holes on the right TVP. The 2 mounting holes on the RPM box line up perfectly with 2 of these holes.

Inside the RPM box there is one hole that needs to have a screw go through it and a nut on the inside of the TVPs to secure it. The second mounting hole is along the outside edge of the box and I just ran a screw fron the inside of the TXPs into the mount tab.

If I was too vague post up a picture of the side of your TVPs and I can highlight where the box should mount for you. I lost most of my RC pics a while back when my HD crashed or I would have some to help you out with.

Latest posts

Members online

Back