Rear Tie Rod Ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Will someone please take a pic of the rear of there savage xl 5.9 with stock tie rods? i need to see if i have mine mounted correctly. i took them off to equal the lengths for both sides and now when i have the truck on the ground the rear seem really cambered out in the positive not the negative if someone could take a pic with there wheels off i would really appreciate it.

I understand what you are saying but I don't remember them being this much in the positive before I took the tie rods off I know there is not an adjustment for the camber with the stock control arms but they look as if there riding on the outside of the tire looking from behind the only thing i did when I got the truck was I took some spring spacers out to make the axles level across rather then at an angle like they were

That's how I have them mounted oh well I guess that's how they should be just looks silly is all I will just buy the adjustable when I can thanks for the pic.

I don't have any photo's handy, but you may have mounted the ends by the wheels wrong. The ball end goes on the bottom of the arm, not the top. If you put them on the top, you will get really odd toe in/out as the suspension compresses.

Or you just don't have them adjusted properly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back