"rear tank"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

I'm wondering if there's enough room on the extended chaissis to put a fuel tank behind the motor?
I don't like the look of the mid tanks and EVERYONE is doing them I want somehobg that's my own. I don't have a extended chaissis right now so I can't look for myself, how much room is back there? I'd use a airplane fuel tank, as big as I can fit. Also use a 90 degree tiger drive fliped to the side to start the truck. What do u guys think?

It is possible. Not sure if you have heard of a header tank, these are very similar to what they use on Nitro helicopters. You would use a small tank that could sit there but you would tie it in series with the stock tank. This does help eliminate the problem of the half tank lean issues. I did it on my first savage but have now removed it because of the bear it is to fill both tanks before running.
Here is a picture of how mine was:
2ndgearin3speedproblem004.jpg

2ndgearin3speedproblem007.jpg

2ndgearin3speedproblem009.jpg

how bout if I made my own tvp's so the rear section was far enough back to us a xl axle dogbone to drive the rear? They may put enough room in back of the motor to utilize one big tank?
I have some sheets of alumium in my gargae I may be able to experiment with. I just want somehong different.

I could even use the 1/5 scale tvp kit to get the room need but I'd rather make it myself to save some money since I already have material.

You can use the XL rear dog however there still isn't that much more room than the chassis in my pictures. You could maybe find a on road car tank. You also need to take the heat from the exhaust manifold into consideration. The main problem with the Half tank lean issue is the placement of the stock tank being lower than the carburetor.

wouldn't be using the rear dog bone I mean the axle dog bone isn't it longer?I'm starting to change my mind about this one might just have to pass on it. Bigger project then I can mange at the moment.

No the Axle dog bone as far as I am aware is the same length as the X or any other model savage. However the Ball on the end is much larger. The way HPI widened the XL is by using Extenders on the outside of the C-Hub.

Oh gottcha yeah it sucks not having parts in front of me, make things slot easier. I mean I'd want to do it but making the truck longer would just take to much performance away. I wanted to use the twinzilla tank but of course it's discontinued. It would of been perfect. Yes it's 2 seperate tanks in one but there's ways to bypass that.

seems a much bigger tank could fit back there no? Just need to make custom mounts?

U guys know of anyone that carries the big twin conversion tank? I want that one it's the one tar would be perfect.

NEW ERA MODELS also sells the rear mounted tank kit as well, it mounts behind the rear shocks but I'm thinking one bad landing on the rear might smash the tank!!

I'd want it to go exactly were mickey has his, just a bigger tank

ya thats a nice setup he has i agree.. i would go for that before i'd go with the rear tank from new era only because its not going to get trashed there....

yea never liked tv new era tank mod. Going to the hobby shop soon see what u can come up with

Gottcha yea that could work, might check it out. The tank I'm speacking of was a hot bodies tank. It went under the engineplate, and the fill spout came up behind the motors. The tank had a indent in it for the driveshaft to go through the center of the tank. It would be perfect. But it's discontinued, the only way I could get it is if appears on eBay or if I buy the hotbodies big twin kit. Which I'm not spending $300 just so I can get the engine plate and fuel tank I want.

Latest posts

Members online

Back