rear exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppedup Savage

i want to run a tube from the tip of my exhaust to the back of my truck to get rid of all the mess, what should i use that wont melt?

Ok- First I'm not real tech. However I personally have ran a dual exhaust pipe out the rear. These pipes ( Single exhaust ) are designed to creat X amount of back preasure. Meaning engine heat build up and the ability to dump the excess oil out and not have it collecting up inside the chamber. By running a tube out the rear will hender all that, thus creating greater heat to the engine shorter engine life more erratic tunability and lastly the ability to dump that excess oil the way the pipe was engineered for.

I run a rubber cuppling over the exhaust port cut it at an angle so that it dumps more towrds the ground. There is no perfect solution other than it will help. It's just the way the Savage truck was simply design.

I'm not saying you can't do it but - Why?

With that I give up. As the old saying goes - Trial and error. Except here the error will cost You in the end more than trying to keep the excess oil off. $2.00 bucks vs ( New engine ) a rubber cuppling is the only way to go. This ain't no cheep hobby and

I'm Outta here

Also the pipes are designed to create an impulse to keep the fuel charge in the engine. sound waves are cool and tuned pipes are designed to work in a particular manner. buy a rear exit exhaust or deal with the oil. going low tech on a two stroke can destroy it.

Hey Hoppedup Savage, i have added an old header pipe that i cut down then coupled it to the exhaust with some heat resistant tubing that was lying around. Doesnt affect the performance that i have noticed but then it isnt that long, just enough to direct the fumes away to the ground. Heres a pic...

pic.php

pic.php

:p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back