RC4WD Trail Finder 2 rtr truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got off my lazy butt today and installed the lights into the TF2 and put the body all back together... in these pics it is running off a 5 cell hump battery just to show they do work.... tomorrow I will install the body on the chassis and check out how that works......DSCN2776.JPG DSCN2777.JPG DSCN2778.JPG DSCN2779.JPG DSCN2780.JPG DSCN2781.JPG DSCN2782.JPG

Me and my son Jason went to a crawl event put on by the local Club, everyone there was SUPER nice and my son actually won the 2.2 class with his lightly modded RedCat Everest 10 truck, I didnt run as there was no 1.55 class for my truck but I did get into the AWESOME Raffle and won some great swag, an ECO servo and a tube of protec grease for diffs, a headlight for my head for night crawls and stickers galore, water bottle and lanyard, to top it off I also won a body lift for the TrailFinder2 made by RC4WD, HOW COOL IS THAT !!!!!!!

The little scale pallets you see are from my sons work, they come with post it notes and are perfect with my truck.....

DSCN2794.JPG DSCN2795.JPG DSCN2796.JPG DSCN2797.JPG DSCN2798.JPG DSCN2799.JPG DSCN2800.JPG DSCN2801.JPG

Nice score of waffle wins Jam. Scale truck is lookin good too. I've always wanted to get a crawler. More purpose built than looks which is why I'd want to get a MOA crawler. But, those are harder to find since everybody is goin for the "scale look" these days.

I put on the body lift I won for the truck and I must say it does give it that offroad crawler look a bit more than stock does....

DSCN2802.JPG DSCN2806.JPG

top pic is stock bottom one is with the lift kit installed.....

Lookin good Jam. The parts they cone up and out with for the scale look crowd is insane. I've seen some on Ebay where the motor, trans, & x-fer case look like the reak thing. I even seen an add on kit to make it look like it has a real lookin & workin cooling fan and serpentine belt.

Cool stuff jam. It's a blast going out and running at events with all the other trucks. I'll admit I'm not a very good comp driver but still have fun.

By the way I like those pallets!

messing around on the bench and took a couple pics of the flex this little bugger has, my son gave me the sign board and I stickered it up a bit..... just another thing for my scale garage I plan on building soon......

DSCN2810.JPG DSCN2811.JPG DSCN2812.JPG DSCN2813.JPG DSCN2817.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2818.JPG
    DSCN2818.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 0
Lookin good Jam. I'm really wanting to get a scale crawler now. Thanks alot. I'd prefer one with a link suspension instead of leaf springs.

Thanks alot, I like this truck alot...
I got this one just because of the leaf suspension and the realistic look of the whole little rig, I plan on a scale garage soon I think I like the scale look and feel of the rig, although I plan in getting another 1.9 rig so I can also go crawling with them and have a more capable rig.... I see building a trailer so I can tow the crawler with the TF2 for show and shines...
Never really thought much about this side of the hobby but I attended the recent crawl "camp and crawl" put on locally by a group and I REALLY enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the work these guys put into these tiny trucks.....
I have even thought of thinning my fleet a bit and focusing more toward the scale side....

HEAVEN FORBID did I just say that :D yep I guess I did.....:lmao:

OH YA I cruise RC4WD weekly :) always some new little thing to pique ones interest.....

We have a local guy who prints all kinds of scale goodies also he was one of the sponsors of the Camp & Crawl we went to, he even has a scale blue and white outhouse he makes, it looks just like the real deal down to the TP hanging on a roll and the urinal to the left of the door.....
I plan on one of those for my scale garage for sure....

Look up https://www.facebook.com/Rc-Mayhem-Garage-829340423752008/

OH YA I cruise RC4WD weekly :) always some new little thing to pique ones interest.....

We have a local guy who prints all kinds of scale goodies also he was one of the sponsors of the Camp & Crawl we went to, he even has a scale blue and white outhouse he makes, it looks just like the real deal down to the TP hanging on a roll and the urinal to the left of the door.....
I plan on one of those for my scale garage for sure....

Look up https://www.facebook.com/Rc-Mayhem-Garage-829340423752008/

That's funny. I'd look at it, but I don't have FB.

There is the pic I copied from his site, damn thing is an EXACT copy of one of them porta pottys you see everywhere at all kinds of venues.....

Attachments

• porta potty.jpg
    porta potty.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3
That's awesome. My only critique would be that the urinal peice should be more bowl shaped. But it still looks good.

I plan on one of those for my scale garage for sure

I hope the SMELL is to SCALE WHOOOO EEEEE :hungover:
LOL

went out with my son Jason and a couple other guys saturday and did a bit of crawling with them in the local creek crawl spot.... was hotter than blazes (105 degrees) at 11 am and I only lasted a couple hours but it was alot of fun none the less......

Got a few shots of the fun.... Enjoy!!!!

DSCN2825.JPG DSCN2826.JPG DSCN2827.JPG DSCN2828.JPG DSCN2834.JPG DSCN2835.JPG DSCN2836.JPG DSCN2837.JPG

DSCN2825.JPG DSCN2826.JPG DSCN2827.JPG DSCN2828.JPG DSCN2834.JPG DSCN2835.JPG DSCN2836.JPG DSCN2837.JPG TF2-1.jpg TF2-2.jpg

Hey Jam,

I found some accessories for the bed of your RC4WD Truck , They are SCALE for don't mess with me !!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-Scale-Rc-Car-Accessory-Rifle-Mortar-Gun-Fuel-Tank-Fire-Extinguisher-Set/263428525160?hash=item3d55904c68:g:geUAAOSwpONZXsqm&_pgn=2&_sacat=0&_nkw=RC+car+fuel+tank&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

s-l1600.jpg

I especially like the working scale Warn winches as I have a full size wrangler

Last edited:
Ya I am going to get a new front bumper and a winch next on my list of things to do... I did take off the stock plastic tube style bumpers, they caught on everything and flexed like crazy, not a good mounting for a winch to be sure....

What kind of rig is that that you have Wilson? And parts that you've upgraded to and the body please.

It's axial scx10ii kit version . It has a proline sr5 cab with a vaterra cage, scalerfab bumper, rc4wd winch, proline hyrax tires on aluminum "eBay" wheels.

We went to a crawl benefit for a friend who lost everything in this summers fires, we raised quite a sum of money and had a nice raffle and the 100 gate course was AWESOME, my oldest son helped setup the courses because there was a kids course for the little guys, my grandson Samual took home 3rd place with his Redcat Everest 10 crawler he got for his birthday..... I have a crap ton of pics so I will just post a few, my yongest son took pictures out on the course so there are over 300, all in all everyone walked away with a prize and my wife actually won a Canyon Cooler worth over 249.00 bux SCORE of the day there.....DSCN2869.JPGDSCN2882.JPGDSCN2884.JPGDSCN2902.JPGDSCN2913.JPGDSCN2915.JPGDSCN2937.JPGDSCN2938.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Back