RC4ME.US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codered3232

So I got my order from this site and I'm really impressed. Shipping was reasonable and fast. They are based in Columbus Ohio, and I live in Ohio
The problem I was having with my dog bones popping out in the front I bought a full set of cvds. So far so good. They fit the XL cups like a dream, and no more popping out. They have tons of savage stuff at a reasonable price. They have my recommendation.20180605_203909.jpg 20180605_212244.jpg 20180605_212300.jpg

FYI on the center diff/transmission they sell, I asked them and they replied saying it is the same gear ratio as the stock flux hp transmission. The diff cup and internals are also the same as the other diffs, so it can be replaced if/when it wears or breaks. The gears however can't currently be purchased separately.

Still, not a bad deal, $50 for a center diff. Not as clean or efficient as the alza setup, but at least less than half the overall cost and still uses all stock parts (cups/dogbones/spurs/slipper).

FYI on the center diff/transmission they sell, I asked them and they replied saying it is the same gear ratio as the stock flux hp transmission. The diff cup and internals are also the same as the other diffs, so it can be replaced if/when it wears or breaks. The gears however can't currently be purchased separately.

Still, not a bad deal, $50 for a center diff. Not as clean or efficient as the alza setup, but at least less than half the overall cost and still uses all stock parts (cups/dogbones/spurs/slipper).
Sounds good to me, hopefully this can help someone out

Once things settle down a bit for me at work, I'll probably get the center diff transmission and see how it does. Not sure what oil to run in it, guessing some 100k. I run 50k in the front/rear diffs and it's not too stiff with trenchers... I don't want to lose all my wheelies but it would be nice to hopefully extend diff pinion life and not to end up on my roof constantly. I dialed my punch down to 10% and it's still a handful on 4S. Mines the standard length savage flux, so it's a bit twitchy.

the center diff is holding up extremely well for me on 6s. So much better than the stock setup. I run 100k in it . Great deal for $50. Got to Massachusetts in 3 days. I'll have to try those CVD out, they look nice!

the center diff is holding up extremely well for me on 6s. So much better than the stock setup. I run 100k in it . Great deal for $50. Got to Massachusetts in 3 days. I'll have to try those CVD out, they look nice!
Good to hear... think I'm going to order me one before I break another diff.

What tires are you running? Do you still get wheelies with 100k? Guessing you do since your running 6S. I like wheelies... but I also like a truck that doesn't bust diffs. A savage flux is like a tightrope act.

You might not believe this, but I've never broke a diff. I use the bulletproof ones. I think this is due to using RPM arms. In the description they claim the arms eliminate the need for shimming because they are slightly shorter. I would have to agree with their description. I have broken plenty of other stuff tho. like the shitty shocks and shock towers. Yes it wheelies still. even on 4s it does. I run Proline Trenchers, So far they have help up well with plenty of grip. Its a huge upgrade from the HPI dirt bonz That I used for years

I also have the BP diffs. I've broken 4 pinions, 2 in the past month or two. 2 last year, 2 this year. I added larger tires to make it a bit more cushioned on the landings, proline 3.8" trenchers. With RPM arms and 4 shock setup, I was breaking shock ends constantly and went back to OEM arms. Before that I tried dropping my oil from 50wt to 40wt, still broke 2 shock ends in one bash session. I got some of the biggest air I have ever gotten last weekend with the stock arms, didn't break a single shock end. So I'm hoping I've resolved that issue.

I backed off my slipper 1/4 turn before heading out for my last run. One mildly harsh rear landing and tink, busted pinion. I wasn't on power, but the wheels were still spinning at a good clip.

I just ordered the center diff trans from rc4me as well as a few other things. Going to try associated 100k first, ordered 100k and 200k, so will see how that does. Hopefully it shows and the oil shows up before the weekend so I can get it all swapped over.

I have BP's in my savage-x as well with an LRP30, traxxas maxx 3.8" tires/wheels though. I don't think I've ever had diff issues with it, other than the 10x16 bearing going out as expected over time. Nitro isn't nearly as hard on diffs as brushless.

Glad to here this set up is working :woot:. You say you are running 100k diff oil in the cd, whats the oil that you are using. Cheers

I use Team Associated. 50k in front and rear and 100k in center.
Oh good to hear. Was afraid the 100k cst was thinner than what I think of as 100k wt oil.

Some things in RC baffles me... oil viscosity is one of them. Why isn't there a standard!?!?! Glow plug temp is another. STANDARDIZE STUFF RC WORLD! Don't even get me started on spring rates!

I've been very happy with them so far. I run on 6S all the time

Good to know about the parts, I too will give them a shot. I am just back in the hobby and will be doing 3 builds. One will be a shelf queen though. But I bought a 21 off eBay that was like brand new. The original owner seized the engine at break in on first tank. I did get it all apart and free and think it may still have life but if not I have a replacement. My goal with the truck is light and fast and tough as I can get it. I’ll start a thread this weekend when I get to wrenching on them. Anyone ever run the 3racing 2 speed metal gear kit? I ordered it because I found it cheap, the titanium kit was 4 times the price so I passed on that one.

Good to know about the parts, I too will give them a shot. I am just back in the hobby and will be doing 3 builds. One will be a shelf queen though. But I bought a 21 off eBay that was like brand new. The original owner seized the engine at break in on first tank. I did get it all apart and free and think it may still have life but if not I have a replacement. My goal with the truck is light and fast and tough as I can get it. I’ll start a thread this weekend when I get to wrenching on them. Anyone ever run the 3racing 2 speed metal gear kit? I ordered it because I found it cheap, the titanium kit was 4 times the price so I passed on that one.

To be honest, with the nitro savage, the only times I had a transmission gear go bad on me was after one of the transmission case screws inside it. And with the original, the 2 speed had 1 pawl in it and the thin metal plate supporting the pin, the trans is pretty solid. There was the 2-speed upgrade many years ago that added a larger metal piece to the 2 speed pawl mechanism... I think. It's been a lot of years.

Looked at the manuals for the 21 vs the X.
2018-0613-SavageOld2SpeedPawl.jpg

Part 76929a/b and 86094 replaced with 76924/86369/94036.

2018-0613-SavageNew2SpeedPawl.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back