RC Screwz are Junk!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Has anyone else used the crappy stainless steel RC Screwz screw kit?

I have tried numerous allen keys on the screws. They all seem to strip the head.

Any suggestions? Thinking about buying a stock X 4.6 screw kit.

HHHMMM seems to me is the user using the wrong driver on em. try using a good quality driver like any on the ones from dynamite. I have full sets of sae and metric and never strip screw heads off.... using the stock allen keys aint gonna work been there done with that junk forever.....

HHHMMM seems to me is the user using the wrong driver on em. try using a good quality driver like any on the ones from dynamite. I have full sets of sae and metric and never strip screw heads off.... using the stock allen keys aint gonna work been there done with that junk forever.....

Like I said, I have tried numerous allen keys. I'm not the only one who has had problems with their screw kits.

Well there is nuthin like a drill blank driver in the right size. all I'm sayin is any of the allen keys ya get are not the best and as for the screws being junk I have to disagree there also I have a couple different sets and find nuthin wrong with em been usin ones from the hardware store recently and the black oxide ones are pretty good also, I do admit that stainless hardware aint always the right fastener but ya gotta use em in the appropriate places.... I would still recommend getting some quality drivers and use them, they work best and I have used snapon allen drivers on some too, the drill blank drivers are best in my opinion.... try one and see you will buy the rest right after usin one I guarantee it.....

Rc screws are garbage imo. Even with good drivers they will strip. I usually get my hardware from the hardware store and get the grade 12 bolts and you won't have an issue again. I find the rc screws kits the hexes are an off size just a hair to big for the proper driver and that's what causes them to strip. The nice thing about them is they are soft and easy to drill the heads off tho.

I was stripping heads screwing them in 1st time. Even dabbed the thread in grease lol.

Geez I dunno, I have a set on my E Maxx and a set in my Tamiya Terra Crusher too, never had trouble with em ..... guess lady luck is smiling on my *** or something :lmao:

Yea jam I think you got lucky. The 2 sets I have had are junk. Lucky for me the lhs warrentied the 50 dollar set for the Baja. I still have the savage set that I use in a bind.

Rc screws are garbage imo. Even with good drivers they will strip. I usually get my hardware from the hardware store and get the grade 12 bolts and you won't have an issue again. I find the rc screws kits the hexes are an off size just a hair to big for the proper driver and that's what causes them to strip. The nice thing about them is they are soft and easy to drill the heads off tho.

Yep, 12.9 is the way to go. This company rocks; they offer kits and individual screws. http://www.tonysscrews.com/category...E66EF3705859292A45A.qscstrfrnt06?categoryId=2

Dubro for me! Quality hardware, never had an issue with stripped screws. The worst has to be the screws that came on my Stampede 4X4 VXL. Stripped everyone of those suckers. All have been replaced with Dubro Hardware. A suggestion, where ever you can use a cap head screw, do so. I find there is a little more meat for your driver to grab on to. Less chance of it stripping.

I have been getting my screws from McMaster Carr for awhile now, they have all sizes and prices and shipping is easy and cheap too......

http://www.mcmaster.com/ check them out they seem to have everything any RC driver can use

I can vouch for Mcmaster-Carr as well. Their shipping is really fast too.

I too would recommend checking out Mcmaster, I've ordered a number of times from them and have been very pleased with the quality.

I believe you when you say their product is excellent. The problem is shipping a box full to Canada. I think the import charges are out of hand for most stuff I by from the U.S.

Probably so. i recently ordered a whole bunch of screws from them, about 650 total and my shipping was $14.00... 60 bucks total for screws, but i now have screws for most all my stuff in stock right here in my shop...... all sorted into a container I can take with me anywhere I go bashing.....

so your post in RED font is not directed at me then ? because from what I say you are the one attacking me with your post, if i was you i would stop now and rethink your posts a little better..... as for me liking your post I was not hacking on you , just stop now before this progresses beyond what you have the capability to do anything about.....

I'd say this thread has been spammed with useless information, and is now way off topic.

Ok, I have to chime in on this one. SS screws are cool but these kits have fine threads going into plastic that has had a more aggressive screw cutting into the plastic so they are a good replacement in this case. The screws went with a little resistance but for the most part they went in and were tight. I just replaced a few parts from HPI that were new and trying to get the RC Screws into virgin plastic is a waste of time. My best tools stripped the heads of these screws. I went back to the original screws for the new parts and they were the right choice to cut the plastic. Then you can put the new screws in with little resistance.

Latest posts

Members online

Back