RB "Mods"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arisking

These pictures were posted in the thread about Lunar Wolf getting baneed. It shows the crank work on a RB "Mods" engine. There is obviously no work on the crank because there is no evidence of the silver part of the crank that the work had been done to (as the crank is black). The only evidence of modding is the RB Mods written in the crank.

DSC_6395.jpg

DSC_6385.jpg

What is the point when you were comparing a basically stock STS 30 (RB "Mods") to a very nicely modded STS 30 (Lunar Wolf). Then only reason Lunar's STS 30 had broke was due to the hella tight pinch that the Rev 2 has. If you guys did not know that don't go judging him fro cheaping ouot a motor or some of that.

Even if RB has done some work to this engine it is pretty minimal much more could be done, like installing more turbo ports and a few minor things like that. They just don't feel they have to I guess.

I have heard a bunch of stuff that shows that people on this site were being corrupt and not fair with Lunar Wolf.

-Josh-

rb has modded that crank very severly, by adding the two scoops from the centre and the knife edge on the balance weight. it has been anodised or similar finish technique (black) after the work has been done.

not much modded? look at the colour of the crank for a start, I'm pretty sure its a hard ano with black finish. that in itself isnt cheap.

Ok, here is a pic of a stock STS D30M crank.
sts30pssmall.jpg

The RB modded crank.
DSC_6395.jpg

DSC_6385.jpg

This what is done to the RB modded versions of the STS engines by Rick. This info is from STSmicroengines.com:

Extreme Engine Mod by Rick Brake of RBmods.net

Here's just a few details of what you get with this mod:

1) A High Efficient mod with timing and firing pattern's re-established.

2) Crank boring, induction ports sharpened.

3) Sleeve sculptured to maintain velocity produced by crank at lower RPM throughout the power band.

4) Crank is cut for turbo charging the fuel/air mix.

5) Pressure release cuts made for an easier transitioning between power stroke and exhaust stroke.

6) RBmods replaces the factory front engine bearing with a special high precision bearing to handle the added RPM from the mod.

7) ***NEW** RBmods goes above and beyond... Crank Hardening and Rust Proofing.
A reverse osmosis procedure bringing you the best of all the other mods out on the market, Yes sir we have come full circle with this
one folks. Just take a look at the picture attached Notice how some engines loose power and start acting up after some of the
nasty fuels we use? It is the crank rusting up and sending rust particles through your engine, Of coarse you know this would have a adverse affect we all do not want. Dr. Rick has come up with the cure and better yet without raising the prices.
Enjoy and have a great day. Rick RBMods

8) Many other things are done to the engine but RBmods can not give all their secrets ;0)

Arisking I feel you don't know exactly what happened. There may have been some PM's lunar sent to some people that didn't go over to well either. We're not judging we're just taking the information we have been given and forming our own opinions.

If L.W. has been somehow misunderstood, wrongfully accused, or judged unfairly, ect. Banned or not banned, why hasn't he elected to just return that engine which he has recieved...And put this whole thing behind him for closure's sake. That is, If it's been so tainted in this way. Him keeping this engine as it stands, is a symbol of his deception to the forum members, here at HPISF. In any case, I would think, that if an honest person recieved this motor, and had to face all that comes with it, while living with the memory of being cast out of this forum, never ascaping the reminder of his ways, would he not, be replused to even look at the damm thing, let alone, keep it. Until this returning of STS property happens, the value of L.W.'s honnor is, the exact cost, of what his new shelf turd, amounts to.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is obviously no work on the crank because there is no evidence of the silver part of the crank that the work had been done to (as the crank is black).

So what is the question? Did Lunar Mod the Crank?? He stated that he did, he even formed a second "scoop" when doing it.

as has been posted, rick used a hard coating after the crank work is done, hence why there is no 'silver bits' i feel i must add that the original thread started by lunar wolf was heavily edited and i believe he asked john to not mention he had modded the mill.

i don't know why we are having this discussion again, i really don't he was banned for trying to claim to mark that he did very minimal work to his mil, which was a lie, he did a hell of a lot of work to it and was pi$$ed it broke, i would be too, but he knew there was no warantee and tried to screw mark over.

Arisking....I appreciate you looking further into this matter, but this kind of seems like trolling. It's kind of a dead topic.

Ok lets put it this way....you buy a NEW car, you put a supercharger on it........motor goes out, and the dealer says you put a performance part on the car that wasn't DEALER CERTIFIED..........basically anything you do to "mod" something voids a warranty.....heck even on my PS2 their is a label saying that if this label is broken it voids the warranty.........he was just trying to get a free motor IMO.........Mark is a nice guy and I will definitely buy from him again if I need some parts for my sts or even a new motor when the time comes.

It's kind of different with vehicles, they have to show you how your mod caused the damage or failure. But all other warranties will still be in place. Just not covering the one part that was modded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back