Ram Air Filter For Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

R B Innovations Has A Ram Air Filter That Mounts On The Front Of The Truck And Its Like 3 Times Bigger Then Stock Anyone Have Any Experience With This Product? It Should Allow More Air Flow And Cooler Air As Its Coming Right From The Front So It Should Mean More Power I Would Think! BUT IS IT ANY GOOD?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the fact that it's 3 times bigger will make a difference. Look and the hole it feeds to. Same size as the base of the motorsaver filter(so you're not even pulling in more air) which has 360dg intake and protected by the rollbar. I think there will be too much flexing going on up front that the filter could have a chance of coming off and then you'll have ram dirt intake, lol...I dunno, I'll only run Motorsaver.

If you're looking for cooler air, just cut out the windshield more.

I thing you will have a littlebit more power.
The air can go through the airfilter more easely.
I had ones that my air filter came off, and i had more power at the time. (i put it back directly ofcourse).
So i think, the bigger your airfilter, te more easely the air can go in to your carburator, and with a little tuning, you should have more power..

I like my stock 4.6 filter. It does a fine job when well maintained.

When clean, it draws air perfectly and has great dirt protection.
It's out of the way of being torn off, which is all the protection
one really needs.
You can have the best forced air filter but if it comes off in a dirt storm, what happens then?

Not pretty. BY THE WAY... wHATS UP WANNUS?

I din't fit it propperly on the carburator ones.
When i did a serious jump, the airfilter came off.
It was on a small tarmac scate track, no dirt, no harm for the 10 seconds it ran without. (but the power for a 4.1, awsome !)

ok thanks guys! don't think I'm gonna try it lol! don't need it to fall off and become a dirt intake :bigsmilie: just thought i would see what u guys thought! and the stock two stage filter on the x seems pretty good anyway!

i remember reading a post a while back from a dude tha uses his truck all the time without a air filter and i remember thinking to myself "is this guy nuts?" lol he was saying how much power it had and stuff but i would hate to tear that engine down and look inside i bet its a mess

I considered building my own Ram Air contraption, I finally figured out how to go about doing it. It's simple, take a No-Name Ketchup bottle from Super Store, (Plastic) cut the spout part down to where it will easily fit over the air filter tie it off with a zip tie. Cut the other end (bottom) on a slant so it matches with your wind shield on you truck. Simple and cost effective.

I made sure it was mt before modifying it, for the filtering part I glue gunned the main air filter assembly to the end of the plastic bottle which I cut down a fair bit then just slid on the two stage filter part from the front of the new ram air intake. It actually fits perfectly and no one would be able to tell what it was with out taking the shell off of the truck. I'm going to take it out for a test run shortly will let you know if there is any improved performance.

WOW!! Real good ingenuity shown there!!:10: and heres some rep points for the effort!!

i asked about it at my lhs. They told me that it wasnt that great of a product and they don't recommend it. They told me to go with the motor saver.

Members online

Back