Raise Tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89blackvette

May be a stupid question, but why not just raise the stock tank some to help fuel feed? Looks to me that there is plety of room for that.

Mike

in my opinion because it's not the right way to do it.

The stock tank is way to prone or atleast I think so. Midtank mods can be easy and cheap depending which way you go.

+1 on midtank

I did the mid tank and never going to look back i can run the whole tank with out the mid tank lean..

I though about a year ago it would only be $50 for the parts :lmao: a lot of money and time into my savage ..

IMG_2058.jpg

May be a stupid question, but why not just raise the stock tank some to help fuel feed? Looks to me that there is plety of room for that.

Mike

i think your right; there is plenty of room and raising the tank above the carb would solve the lean issue.

id be concerned with how long the tank would last, only because ive seen several stock tanks mounted in stock location get broken when the shock tower flexes & hits it or just from hitting something while bashing, jumping, etc.

in addition to raising your center of gravity, i would think that raising the tank would increase the chances of grenading it.

It just seemed to me that everyone was trying a complicated solution, relocating reciever, servos, batterys, etc. There has got to be a simple solution that is cheap and very easy without all the relocating everything. Someone show me a solution that requires no special parts from a hobby supplier and can be performed in 1/2 hour and I am in. Thanks a bunch for your inputs.
Mike

It just seemed to me that everyone was trying a complicated solution, relocating reciever, servos, batterys, etc. There has got to be a simple solution that is cheap and very easy without all the relocating everything. Someone show me a solution that requires no special parts from a hobby supplier and can be performed in 1/2 hour and I am in. Thanks a bunch for your inputs.
Mike

If seen a guy in this forum run a buggy tank i think it was in the stock location of the savy tank just need some spacers ..

Or try putting an extra loop in your fuel line to the carb, so when the fuel is entering the carb it has to loop around and there will be a constant flow of fuel being sucked out of the tank ..

there is a kit you can buy on new era models but i think it a smaller tank and cuts down your run time.

google and search new era models and you can check it out.

ya i have the new era tank conversion myself and it seemed to work well but the tank is only 125cc so as fred said runtimes are a bit less but it comes with the mounting bracket and the brass nipples for the tank so its a good setup if your not worried about your run times

OK I got the New Era tank and bracket # HSC510. Where the heck does the bracket attach to my Savage 4.6 ?? I see how the tank mounts but see no attaching point on thr truck and there are no instructions with it. Thanks again for your help.
Mike

Never Mind. I goosed the moose and ordered the rear mount one, it mounted fine on the rear.

Mike

the only problem i see with the rear tank is if you came down hard on the rear from a jump the tank may break but haven't used that one so I'm not sure........

What do you thinka bout this? Install New Era rear mounted tank AND side mounted tanks. Run pressure line from exhaust to pressure fitting on side tank and fuel line from side tank to pressure fitting on rear tank then fuel line from rear tank to carb. I know I would have to completely fill both tanks. This would give a lot of run time.

the tank is just a little to high but it will work the only thing that hits is when the truck rolls on the left side but if you have the body on its perfect once i crack this tank I'm gonna throw my aluminum one on its a cheap and quick fix for half tank lean

Members online

No members online now.
Back