radio range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dockharris

i went out with the savage 2day and about 50 or 60 yards out i lost signal. luckily i installed the fail safe before i went out is that normal on flat land with trees? i used 2 have a :sniper2: tmaxx before i fond the power of the savage and i will never go back but the traxxas radio had great range.

sounds to me like either your receiver battery or transmitter batteries might have been low. Did you make sure they were both fully charged? Or if using alkaline, are they fairly new, or still good?

the receiver battery was fully charged but the radio battery's are not new and they are the cheap brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
do the 2.4ghz radios have good range?

The stocker AM radio supposedly has 900 ft range. I had a run-a-way on sat with the Hellfire caz i dint pull the Tx antennae out all the way (you can stop laughing now bank)

The futaba 3-PM has a claimed range of 2000 ft., although you'll never know caz you barely see your savage at 900 ft.

I'd guess that a better radio like a 4PK or a Specy DX3-R/S has even longer range.

I have hear mixed on 2.4ghz because if the truck looses sight of the radio or a solid object comes between the signal I hear the signal will drop. But most 2.4ghz tx and rx have built in fail safes.

mine is fm from a hellicopter and its got a heck of a range.it was fun to learn to drive,but with all the extra controlls i can alway find something for them.thinking about fixing it where the body will raise by a severo or four wheel steer

I have hear mixed on 2.4ghz because if the truck looses sight of the radio or a solid object comes between the signal I hear the signal will drop. But most 2.4ghz tx and rx have built in fail safes.

not sure about that caz ive gone into my house/basement garage with the Tx & been able to rev my savage which is outside (concrete walls). have had the savage behind large hills & not able to see it & still have control.

kinda like walkin around your house or yard with a cordless phone when the base is in another room or whatever.

Members online

Back