Radio not communicating with Savage X 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjc2500hd

Several years ago i put my SavageX 4.6 in storage and recently decided to get it back out. I was cleaning everything and checking everything over and noticed the radio is not communicating with the truck. The radio and truck both have brand new batteries in them. I’m pretty new to the RC world and just wondering if anyone could help me out. The red light on the controller comes on but the truck doesn’t respond to anything. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Is the transmitter & receiver the same brand and what is it 27Meg or 2.4Gig set up? If it's a 2.4Ghz setup and the 2 items are matched they may need binding. If it's the original set that came with the truck from new it will be a TF-40/ RF-40 setup. The RF-40 receivers seem to have a tendency to die after time for no apparent reason. when you power up the truck what does the receiver do? If it just flashes once then it's more than likely goosed and will wont replacing.

Several years ago i put my SavageX 4.6 in storage and recently decided to get it back out. I was cleaning everything and checking everything over and noticed the radio is not communicating with the truck. The radio and truck both have brand new batteries in them. I’m pretty new to the RC world and just wondering if anyone could help me out. The red light on the controller comes on but the truck doesn’t respond to anything. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
It is all the factory stuff it came with. Here is a picture of what they are. Thanks for helping me out!

Attachments

• AE9FCD89-DC59-41FF-9A4B-F6A8EB1A09B4.jpeg
    AE9FCD89-DC59-41FF-9A4B-F6A8EB1A09B4.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 4
See it's the old TF-1 set. Have you checked the crystals. Try removing them and refitting them. Also make sure they are a matched pair
Yes I have taken the crystals out and made sure they were clean and matching. Everything worked great the last time I had it but. But like I said that was years ago. The red right on the controller is a solid red light, no blinking or anything.

Yes I have taken the crystals out and made sure they were clean and matching. Everything worked great the last time I had it but. But like I said that was years ago. The red right on the controller is a solid red light, no blinking or anything.
May just be time to change the radio for something 2.4Ghz. I have had a similar problem recently with an HPI TF41 radio set. Worked great 3 weeks ago then went to use it at the weekend and no communication between the TF & RF tried other RF but still the same problem. Like you the TF lights up and seems ok.
The Flysky GT3b is a good set for the money or the GT2, I use a GT3 and love it, have used the GT2 aswell and found it to be ok. The HPI TF-40 is a good radio but now that discontinued like the TF-1 it usually works out cheaper just to replace the whole setup as when a used receiver comes up on eBay people are asking silly money for them. Average price for an RF-41 is £20-25 secondhand where as I can buy a complete GT2 set for that or for a little more a GT3.

May just be time to change the radio for something 2.4Ghz. I have had a similar problem recently with an HPI TF41 radio set. Worked great 3 weeks ago then went to use it at the weekend and no communication between the TF & RF tried other RF but still the same problem. Like you the TF lights up and seems ok.
The Flysky GT3b is a good set for the money or the GT2, I use a GT3 and love it, have used the GT2 aswell and found it to be ok. The HPI TF-40 is a good radio but now that discontinued like the TF-1 it usually works out cheaper just to replace the whole setup as when a used receiver comes up on eBay people are asking silly money for them. Average price for an RF-41 is £20-25 secondhand where as I can buy a complete GT2 set for that or for a little more a GT3.
I’ll look into those. Thanks again for all your help it’s much appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Back