Radio Gear Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammer

Hey All,

My Savage arrived from ModelsportUK today. OMG! I was speechless as I pulled this thing from the box ... GET IN!!! I was truly shocked at the size initially. Hadn't seen one in the flesh for a few years and had forgotten just how big they are!

Anyway, have just been tinkering with it this evening and getting things all ready for breaking the engine in with its first tank of fuel 'n wotnot. The glow starter is on charge and the radio gear batteries are installed. Servo's are all tested and working fine ... all I'm waiting for is a clear bit of time to go somewhere I won't bother people and start the engine for the first time (obviously no driving straight away until the engine is broken in).

Anyway, my first little problem is the radio gear cover ... I just can't get the clip near the air filter back in ... as far as I can tell all the radio gear cables are well out of the way and the front clips slide back in no problem ... but this rear one is just not playing ball at all.

Any tips? Or can I run it as is? I can't see the cover moving or going anywhere but i'd like to get the job done properly.

I've just setup a page on my blog to show off too ... :)

What savage did you get??

I have a 25 and the X 4.6 and the 25 radio cover is a pain getting the clip in by the filter and most of the time I don't put a clip in that spot.

The Savage X has a different radio box tray and is much easier to put in, no clips to deal with.

I am actually going to swap mine out before I reinstall mine with some new servo's.

Enjoy the truck and take your time during break-in.

Hey Fella,

I have the Savage 3.5. The radio cover isn't going to move as it is but its a pain not getting it right ... I'm sure its fine running it like this though.

I'm going to take it really easy during the break in ...

Thanks for the info.

From your pics it looks like it is based on the s-21 style. I have no experience with this one, but the X version is very easy to get on and off. Good pick on the choice of truck, I'm sure you'll be grinning ear to ear when you can finally go full throttle!

use a smaller clip

the large diamater clips don't fit there

I like the pics of your new toy bud

WELCOME TO THE FRIENDLIEST FORUM ON THE WEB!

Thanks guys ... I can't wait to get the engine running for the first time! The last Nitro truck I had was about 17 years ago!

I am using the small clips that were in the mounts before I put the cover on.

The truck was supplied without the cover on (small clips were in place ...) to allow for the radio batteries to be installed before putting the cover on. I've checked that the cables are all free from being trapped but the cover doesn't seem to sit well enough to expose the hole on the mount.

Cheers,

I had the same problem before, mess around with the tray that hold the receiver. You'll just have to "finigle" it. I looked at your sig and was checking out your savy, nice.

That is a UK truck .. that being said they sell that verison over there .. black cooling head looks sick .. blue tvp's are sweet ... Good looking savage bud.. how much do they cost over there .. also can you convert to $

Welcome to the forum JAMMER:FarleyParty:

that does look like the 31 version as that is what I have and the cover to cover the electronics is a real pain to get on & off, I had reciently got the clear cover and believe it or not it is a lot easier to puy on no, I guess cuz you can see through an see what wire is or might be holding you up,, O like they had already told you you should use the small clips ,,,, and nice looking truck you got there .,.,.,., hope I helped maybe just a little if not sorry and welcome to the group

Nice truck.... I have a question about that pipe, are the screws in it to tune with or is that just the construction of it?

I had the same problem before, mess around with the tray that hold the receiver. You'll just have to "finigle" it. I looked at your sig and was checking out your savy, nice.

ahhh, ok thats reassuring that i'm not just a complete idiot! improvise goddamnit!!

:jamout:

That is a UK truck .. that being said they sell that verison over there .. black cooling head looks sick .. blue tvp's are sweet ... Good looking savage bud.. how much do they cost over there .. also can you convert to $

I got mine for £260 brand new - $544

mind you the exchange rate is ballsed right up at the moment £1 = about $2.09.

That said it was a present from my employer ... :)

Welcome to the forum JAMMER:FarleyParty:

much appreciated chap. good to be here. you've all been very helpful already!

I just wanna get some sick alu wheels and tyres for it!!! can't afford anything at the moment tho.

I'm planning on running it stock for a while to get used to it and then i'll see more benefit from mods and upgrades. also i'm probably only going to upgrade when I break something ;)

that does look like the 31 version as that is what I have and the cover to cover the electronics is a real pain to get on & off, I had reciently got the clear cover and believe it or not it is a lot easier to puy on no, I guess cuz you can see through an see what wire is or might be holding you up,, O like they had already told you you should use the small clips ,,,, and nice looking truck you got there .,.,.,., hope I helped maybe just a little if not sorry and welcome to the group

indeed, just knowing that other have had the same issue is good enough for me. its an incredibly tight fit isn't it. but then it is a protective cover after all, would be a bit useless if it flopped around everywhere eh!

thanks for the welcome.

I agree here's a link to buy one from the US, unfortunately I could find an online store in the UK that sells them. There are plenty I just couldn't find one for some reason.
http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_206&products_id=628

-Here's two good online store in the UK

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/index.php
http://www.innovative-rc.co.uk/

Thanks for the info chap ... i looked for one earlier and found it in ModelsportUK ... I also found this:

Safe Engine Stop

Anyone installed anything like this?

I personally would bother with it, it's not really needed.

welcome to hpisf thats a nice looking rig u got i like the black cooling head

welcome to the forum bud! nice truck you have there. its all so shiny and theres not one scratch on it. good luck keeping it that way bud! lol
4x4

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would bother with it, it's not really needed.

sure ... i might take a look at it at the weekend ... only £6 ... i need to get some after run and some more fuel anyway.

welcome to the forum bud! nice truck you have there. its all so shiny and theres not one scratch on it. good luck keeping it that way bud! lol
4x4

haha! indeed ... i'm going to be out with it all day on saturday! bash it up!!

Members online

Back