Radio box ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Rollin' like a Big Shot
Hey guys,

I currently have the MGT tank and it takes up the whole servo plate. Not sure if I will be willing to change tanks, so I need ideas for a radio box. The RPM box is WAY too small for all my stuff so that's eliminated. Not sure if I could live with the Rush box as a radio box. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

-Coby

A fail safe. I'm not sure if I want to mount that outside though. But yes, all that you've listed will be going it, and it feels crammed. I'm even using the Airtronics Micro Receiver.

here coby it works great for wat your wanting to do and is a cheap fix till you get something that will fit ur needs

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10324

Great stuff! Thats excellent!

I know you say the RPM is too small but i managed to get the stock Rx, failsafe, switch and antenna mount into an RPM box, was bit tight tho but with a smaller Rx you should have buckets of room in there?

017.jpg
[/IMG]

018.jpg
[/IMG]

rpm box ftw! its tough as nails, but your gonna have to mount your failsafe external. mount it upside down so less dirt & otherwise gets into the opening.

Great stuff! Thats excellent!

I know you say the RPM is too small but i managed to get the stock Rx, failsafe, switch and antenna mount into an RPM box, was bit tight tho but with a smaller Rx you should have buckets of room in there?

I have the same exact configuration as yours, but when Airtronics says "micro" receiver it is actually the same size as the one you have. Pretty weird. They must be making big receivers then. So I have pretty much the space you have. I may skip out on the battery meter, so maybe I can keep the RPM box. I'll try to find a place to mount the micro failsafe.

Ooo that's a nice switch. I'll think about it. Not sure if the holes I already drilled will work with it. Is it the same size as a standard switch?

Not sure about that..This is what i plan on using on my project that Iam working on..PM Mega he might be able to help you out..:resp:

Maybe Mega can give us the demisions on this or how much bigger it is that the stock switch..I will pm him and post what I find out later..

I pm mega and asked him to reply to this thread..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Savy, I think that would make the perfect switch for the Cen/Mugen mid-tank conversion, that way you have everything you need without a whole lot of extra modding.

Ok Savy, I think that would make the perfect switch for the Cen/Mugen mid-tank conversion, that way you have everything you need without a whole lot of extra modding.

Thats what I was thinking Dude!!:jamout:

the switch is about twice as big as the stock switch do to the extra stuff in it. i think on the mpi website they have a dimension chart for it. but in every dimension it is a little bigger.

Members online

No members online now.
Back