Racing Servo(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasRaider

So I have researching and reading all day and I have some questions that hopefully somebody may have an answer for.

I am setting up my savage to primarily race, and am looking at servos at the moment. I read one link that had an entry, mid, and high end suggestions, but they were all Hitec. Now, I currently have one Hitec servo so I can't say anything bad, but I don't see many posts about Futaba and NONE about Airtronics. When looking at specs, Airtronics have two of the best looking ones, but can the specs be misleading? I mean the specs on this one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001541286&I=LXLSX1&P=K

are pretty impressive with a .07 sec response time, 125 oz-in, and are even better than the HITEC 5955TG which many claim is the best servo. (They also have a high-torque for steering with 200 oz-in and a .10 sec response.)

So I guess what I am asking is, what are the absolute best servos out there for a racing setup? Don't factor in price, I want the best, period!

I'm not real sure you need the best servos out there or if its even worth goin going to that point. The servo you listed would be a nice throttle servo as its got nice torque and is vary fast. I would think a servo in the .12-.16 sec and roughtly 150-200oz would be great for steering. I personally run the Hitec 5625MG for Throttle/Brake and the Hitec 5645MG for Steering and they seem to work wonders.

If you spend alot on a steering servo with lots and lots or TQ you will loose prety much anything over 200 anyway because of the servo saver so really no point in going stupid crazy with them. Just my .02.

PS> For racing your going to want digital servos and the Airtronics one you linked is analog as far as I know.

I too have the 5645 for the steering, but just moved the stock steering to the throttle position, but I have ALWAYS been wanting a quicker response out of my throttle.

Also, my truck is apart awaiting the high speed 3rd gear for my new 3-speed transmission, then I can put it back together and will be the first time it has been run with the 3-speed, ofna throttle mod, and the BUKU that just came in the mail!

I still want to know everyone's opinion on the best throttle servo, but I may not need it after doing what I mentioned above!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back