Race wheel setup for Savage 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Londonhellboy

Hey people. I am wanting to get some tarmac action with my old savage 25 and have been looking at wheels and tyres here in the UK, and in the old 14mm hex setup, they are pretty scarce. I am not sure what size wheels and tyres I can use, just what is stock on it, and I know they have to be 14mm hex type.

So, can anyone suggest a decent wheel/tyre setup that will be suitable please. I am not looking to spend a vast amount, just something for a bit of fun.

Thanks.

just get the 17mm hexes that are available for the Savage, there are a bunch of tires and wheels available in that17mm hex size, be aware your Savage will still not handle running on paved surfaces well unless you lower the suspension down quite a bit and make other mods....
it is after all considered a "Monster Truck"....

17 my hex conversion,try Hpi tremor street they are nice and I also tried src steel belted wheels they are really nice but the plastic are prone to cracking. Or just get a set of traxxas 14mm hex wheels with the less aggressive tread they will work and they are cheap like 30.00

Running street is really fun but remember it will sway alot if you get away bars it helps tremendously and adding the xl side plates will also help alot don't forget gunmetal integy side plates are cheap 45.00 but you will have to measure the distance from the transmission and the rear end and convert it to mm
And get the right one

Pretty much any t-maxx 3.2" wheel will work. That was the standard MT wheel size for a long time. Better off getting 3.8" or 40 series wheels though, then you can get lower profile tires so it isn't so unpredictable at speed.

These are pretty typical street tires/wheels that will work:
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires...on-desperado-black-1-2-offset-17mm-wheels.asp

I think you can find some duratrax ones cheaper on ebay. Not sure about in the UK though. Can still find the 17mm hex's pretty easy for the savage. I have a set of the old proline 3.2" road rage tires floating around here somewhere. Would cost more to ship them to you than they are worth though. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back