Race Truck/Truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasRaider

As usual, I have researched and not been able to get an answer so I am going to ask you guys. I have yet to get "TRY THE SEARCH ENGINE" in here (like you constantly see in SavageCentral) so I hope I am not wearing you guys out with all my questions. You have all been excellent and have really helped me with every single question I have asked. Trust me, if I have knowledge on something that is asked in the future, I will definitely chime in as I should.

Now, I am looking to expand and want to get a REAL GOOD race truck/truggy. I like BIG but I want a good handling FAST beast. I will list below the ones that seem to stand out, but let me know if there is something I am missing.

Losi 8ight-t
Mugen MBx5T
OFNA CRT
Thunder Tiger ST-1

BUT...I also love Monster Trucks and the ability to convert one into a racer. I am always drawn back to the LST2 but I already have a Savage X and don't know if I want two basher/racers. I am torn, as usual, so what information can you guys offer to me?

Thanks...AGAIN!!!

Personally I would go with the Losi 8ight-T as I have looked into the truggys a lot as that will be my next purchase as well and the 8-T is deffanetly the one I'm going for as it is the most appeling and seems to be one of the better built trucks as well as Losi being a very good product line.

Personally I would go with the Losi 8ight-T as I have looked into the truggys a lot as that will be my next purchase as well and the 8-T is deffanetly the one I'm going for as it is the most appeling and seems to be one of the better built trucks as well as Losi being a very good product line.

I am with Larsen on this one. LOSI makes great products. Their Micros are super sweet too.

I will have to agree with Larsen also. When I used to race electrics, Losi was the only thing I would run. Their tuning capabilites was definately ahead of most of the competition. Just look at all the guys that use the LST shock conversion on the savages. When they develop new vehicles they do a good job of testing and refining them before they release them. If I had the time to race like I used to I would definately get the Losi. Just my 2 cents.

Jay

So has anyone ever ordered anything from www.nitrohouse.com ?

They have an 8ight-T Race Roller for $459.99 and a RTR for $589.99. (Only $15 shipping)

I was about to order a new radio with two receivers anyway so I am thinking of getting the Race Roller, buying a Picco .28 and having a nice racer, but I want to make sure this is a reputable site.

Something is definitely going on because I now see other sites offering huge discounts on these 8ight-t's. Are they about to come out with something else???

I understand there are some new truggies coming out soon....Jammin X2CRT, and AE may have an RC8 truggy. Maybe worth waiting for...

the losi looks nice i liek that design, i also like mugen a bunch. i have their prospec buggy and its nice with any of the higher end models you wont be dissapointed really

Well, I just pulled the trigger and ordered the 8ight-T and got it for $473.98 shipped to my door.

Next up...an engine for that bad boy!!!

Thanks for all you guys information!

I think a Picco P3 28 would go good with that sucker along with a Jammin JP-4 pipe or a LRP w/Buku but in mine I was going to run the P3 I think.

Well I was going to get a Losi 8ight t but found a used Hellfire SS roller on ebay and got it $100 shipped, so I will mess with it for a while and see how it does. May still get an 8ight T later, but couldn't pass up the price on the Hellfire.

Jay

Texas...post some pics if you can when you get her all together...I'd love to see it...

Latest posts

Members online

Back