Quick question about Integy Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I received a bunch of upgrades for my Savage 4.6 for xmas and now I want more. But before I plunge into purchasing part after part I would like to confirm what I am hopefully purchasing first is all compatible with each other. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question but as money is tight I have no room for errors.

Is Integy part # T6967 compatible with both Integy part #'s T6992 (rear bumper) & T6986 (front bumper ?)?

Thank you,

Yes they are compatible.

And now I'm going to ask you if you run your truck ? If you do you would be better off putting your hard earned money elsewhere. If you run your savage and have crashed it a few times take a look at the plastic bumpers on it, ill bet they are scratched . Those aluminum bumpers won't look nice after one accident imo.So if you run it I would stay away. But if it sits on a shelf or just runs down the street with no chance of crashing I say go for it.

well put , i was going to say that but didnt kno how to word it so it wouldnt sound like a digg, aluminum is nice to look at and it you building a puller ifs nice for the weight , but on a basher its just wasted money and added headaches

I bought the Savage because of the beating they can take. I'm definetely a basher, in the summer it's used every day, multiple times a day at that. I'm surprised how much abuse these trucks can handle.

This is a prime example of why I love this forum, because of guys like you two. I didnt take any of that into consideration. I was just thinking about the cosmetics I guess.

Thank you cavy4days & Mickey.

I bought the Savage because of the beating they can take. I'm definetely a basher, in the summer it's used every day, multiple times a day at that. I'm surprised how much abuse these trucks can handle.

This is a prime example of why I love this forum, because of guys like you two. I didnt take any of that into consideration. I was just thinking about the cosmetics I guess.

Thank you cavy4days & Mickey.

Integy is not good ever. Stay away!!!! For a shelf queen, its fine, but like mickey said if you ever plan on running the truck at all the stay away.

As with some products you will always find pro's and cons to using them. i have used alot of Integy Products and they perform just as well as most others... it is wise to choose your hopups with an informed view, I have a set of 8 Integy shocks on my Tamiya truck and they work great, granted I hadda do some sealing on them but once done they work AWESOME.....High stress areas like bumpers etc should be able to take impacts due to the nature of them being abused by landings rollovers etc....
all ya can do is see what works for your application and driving styles.... Happy Landings with your truck....

Yea k bob integy does make some decent products. There bling products is what has landed them a bad name with most rc enthusiasts . I have seen integy products hold up as well or better then some other manufacturers of high stress suspension components so yea they do make good products. Bit like jam said you have to be choosy when up grading.

I have always liked aluminum suspension components with the stock or rpm control arms . It's always good to have an easily replaced breakable component between alloy upgrades. Saves the aluminum from taking a hit and bending.

Its just that I have had a couple products of theirs and they were absolutely terrible. And I've never heard of anyone else liking them either.
Mickey and jam racing are a first.

Yea upbasher lots of people talk down about integy . But ask some of them how many integy parts they used. Most of them will say none. I really like the rear tie rod eliminating rear hubs, the front castor blocks, and if you run a stock chassis the braces across the bottom are very good as well. The problem with integy is they make all the bling parts that people expect to hold up better then stock but they are a show piece that's for just that show . when some one puts an integy aluminum roll bar or bumper on and expect it to out perform the stock part that's designed to flex and take a hit they are disappointed and mad about there "upgrade" part failed. Then they hop on forums and spread the word that said upgrade companys aluminum is made of butter.

I had the rear hubs for almost 4 years on my savage with no issues at all. Also had the front castor blocks and had one bend but I would expect it to as the bad landing I took broke the rim , the axle, both control arms, the bulkhead and the shocks. Yea I was over 20 feet in the air and got distracted and crashed.

yea i heard there rear hubs are the best thing that they put out I'm thinking about getting them as I'm currently building/upgrading to an X

I've had good and bad experiences with Integy, unless I can find good things said about a part in the interweb, I won't buy it. I find there is almost always a better alternative for a part that they make.

It's rare that it is appropriate to blacklist an entire brand. As has been said already, Integy makes some great rear hubs and shocks. As a rule though, it's often best to use aluminum parts in locations that don't see direct hits. Anything taking a direct hit you want to be able to bounce back, and be cheap to replace if it should break.

Only Integy I ever used was clutch shoes, they worked real good for me but that's all I used from them. Do not use aluminum arms, they can cause more harm than helping.

As a basher the Integy parts I found good so far is

Integy HD Rear Hub Carrier Savage XL INTT6979SILVER , lots of 10 to 30 foot bad landings still like new , ran on my XL and X (no pic sorry)

Integy Billet Mach 7075 Clutch Conv XL (3pcs) INTT6705SILVER , I ran 1gal with XL LRP32 with little to no wear
100_2686.jpg

100_2558.jpg

Integy Bulkhead Brace Savage XL INTT6924SILVER , hold up great on my XL and X
Bulkhead Brace after a good cleaning and diff in inspection
100_2134.jpg

This one I have but did not have time to test yet will let you no how it works out this spring (sorry no pic)
Integy HPI Savage X XL Silver 7075 Aluminum HD Engine Mount

Last edited by a moderator:
So its official all Integy upgraded parts excluding the shock towers are coming off. Original parts are going back on as I have had nothing but problems since. I'm that guy who doesn't usually listen to the advice of others, I have to find out for myself. I'm not bashing Integy at all, I think I just tried upgrading the wrong parts. I'm taking what X said and rolling with it...

"As a rule though, it's often best to use aluminum parts in locations that don't see direct hits. Anything taking a direct hit you want to be able to bounce back, and be cheap to replace if it should break."

So its official all Integy upgraded parts excluding the shock towers are coming off. Original parts are going back on as I have had nothing but problems since. I'm that guy who doesn't usually listen to the advice of others, I have to find out for myself. I'm not bashing Integy at all, I think I just tried upgrading the wrong parts. I'm taking what X said and rolling with it...

"As a rule though, it's often best to use aluminum parts in locations that don't see direct hits. Anything taking a direct hit you want to be able to bounce back, and be cheap to replace if it should break."

See, this is how it should work. We give people advice, and they listen. But even better yet, what K-OB did was he tried it for himself. Even the best advice from experts should be scrutinized. No better learning than what is taught through experimentation.

I salute you sir! :cheers:

I new to nitro and HPI in general so forgive me for sounding stupid but here is my take on Integy. I run quite a few electrics and back in the day learned early on that Integy were problem parts through word of mouth from other enthusiasts. While I have never owned an Integy part based on what I was told, I can't vouch for real world use and durability. What I can tell you is that I have been told and backed up through research is that much of Integy's parts are not always milled right resulting in poor fits and weak points. My brother got one of their Traxxas 272 transmission housings and it was warped right out of the box and the screw holes were not tapped and 3 of them didn't even line up to the skid plate.

I see a lot of guys building trophy all aluminum shelf queens using Integy. Ask those same guys if they actually run those trucks and you will get a "oh heck no" response with the reasoning that Integy just isn't durable. While other guys I have seen build with STRC or FLM and at least half those guys run their trucks. There is one guy that runs an LCG all aluminum STRC slash at our track on a regular basis.

Maybe none of this made any sense, just wanted to share.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back