Quick Change Flux.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Well it is no secret I have been hammering away at a flux. I was almost done building a whole one when I was struck by a jolt of insperation.

Why build another 1000+ dollar truck. I have a great nitro just make it so that it can be switched from nitro to electric.

Well this is the plan It will take 10 bolts to change my truck from nitro to electric.

4 bolts to remove motor.
2 bolts to remove T/b servo.
3 bolts to remove fuel tank
1 bolt for throtal mixer.
2 grub screws to remove exsust and brake arm ( i don't count these in the 10 because they only need to be loosed a half a turn each)

I am having a mount made up that will bolt right to the holes that the nitro motor mount mounts to and that mount will hold both the motor and esc. The Esc will plug right into the servo exstension for the T/B servo.

The 5s LiPo will drop into the space for the fuel tank and be held in by straps.

Than bam BL savage.

Note: This only works because I have a Flux trans in my nitro to start with other wise you would have to add 7 more screws to change that over.

sounds cool alex. still having two would be better tho. break one run the other. (ive been down this road most bash sessions, lol)

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

well this is the truck that it is being done with. The mount is being worked on already. Made from 7075 1/4" alum.

Still looking for a good deal on the motor and ESC.

Been hunting around for a LiPo pack that fits. Should come together by spring.

84b41e33.jpg

Yep my thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the link but I am going to go with the Tekin 2250kv rx8. Still looking for a decent deal on one though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back