Questions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dman1982

So I bought a savage, and have a few questions, to start off I've had a few nitro cars and trucks, but been out of the game for a while, I picked this truck up for a 100 bucks, I got it running good but have a few things to do yet, but here are my questions....

1: what's the best way to clean it? It's nasty

2:what's the difference between x xl etc? As far as parts

3: trannys... 2 speed 3 speed.. how much of a difference is there between performance? Metal gears worth the upgrade? I messed up one of the gears today

1 To clean I use denatured alcohol in a spray bottle and a couple old brushes and for small places an old toothbrush works wonders for all my nitro rigs, melts away the residues from nitro nicely after knocking off the main big gunk spray down again and use an air compressor to get it nice and clean...

2 Main difference between the X, XL is length and width, most parts are the same between models...

3 Tranny 3 speed or 2 speed is up to you, one drawback to the 3 speed is the 3rd gear adjustment is not accessible unless you remove the gearset from the case, I truly find the 2 speed more than enough for my personal Savage X, as for the gears go metal if at all possible...

1 To clean I use denatured alcohol in a spray bottle and a couple old brushes and for small places an old toothbrush works wonders for all my nitro rigs, melts away the residues from nitro nicely after knocking off the main big gunk spray down again and use an air compressor to get it nice and clean...

2 Main difference between the X, XL is length and width, most parts are the same between models...

3 Tranny 3 speed or 2 speed is up to you, one drawback to the 3 speed is the 3rd gear adjustment is not accessible unless you remove the gearset from the case, I truly find the 2 speed more than enough for my personal Savage X, as for the gears go metal if at all possible...

I appreciate it, still got a lot of work to do...it wasn't taken to good of care of

Here's a couple

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1507059363374.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507059363374.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 2
Wow previous owner ran it hard and put it away wet. What all you planning to do with it beside a heavy cleaning?

So reading these threads what's the difference in motors....2.5 4.6 5.9 and seems like the list goes on and on....whats the best for these trucks?

I have the 4.6f in my nitro and like it. Some of the models only had 2 needle adjustment on the carb and others had a 3 needle adjustment. Then some offered just alittle more power. Ive only had the s .25 and the 4.6f liked them both

I just got my boy a cheap redcat electric car yesterday, it's a lot more fun with 2 people running cars lol

I do not think the savage roto unit will work directly on the LRP :ercm: but they do offer one as extra for just that :ercm:

Max hp 4...that's pretty impressive
You can't really rely on any companies posted "horsepower" numbers. The only thing they are good for is if your comparing engines from the same company. Then really all it tells you is how each differs.

I've run an LRP 28 S3 in my X and an LRP 30 S2. The 30 has more low end grunt, but the 28 has a higher top end rpm, while not being a slouch on the low end.

You can't really rely on any companies posted "horsepower" numbers. The only thing they are good for is if your comparing engines from the same company. Then really all it tells you is how each differs.

I've run an LRP 28 S3 in my X and an LRP 30 S2. The 30 has more low end grunt, but the 28 has a higher top end rpm, while not being a slouch on the low end.

Ya, I gotcha...but even if exaggerated a bit still impressive...

Latest posts

Members online

Back