Questions on High Speed 3rd gear. # 77065

High speed 3rd gear??? Post comments below.

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Hey guys, Have any of you run the high speed 3rd gear set for the 3 speed trans. I know the first sets got recalled but if you have run one that worked how did you like it and was it worth the money?

Also, did you loose alot of torque in the 3rd gear or wasn't it noticable?

Please post your thoughts here.

i will let you know next week when i get all my parts :FarleyParty:

I got my revised set coming and I'll let you know.

I got the new gear right after the recall they sent me the last one. I can't say if I like it or not as I am having a hard time getting the transmission set correctly, either I cant get it to shift into 3rd gear or I haven't had it fast enough to shift yet. I have even tried to run it with the wheels off the ground, I can see it shift one time just not sure if it is shifting from 1st to second or from 2nd to 3rd.

Right now I have the 1st to second clutch at 2 1/4th turnsand the 2nd to 3rd to 5 turns in from default.

what I am going to do now is set the 2nd to 3rd clutch so I know it wont shift by turning it 7 or 8 times and make sure 1 and second are shifting when I think they are, then I will go from there.

for the 8 bucks I don't think you can go wrong, I don't think the regular 3rd gear does much at all (Doesgo did the math on these sets a while ago in a couple different threads, I will see if I can find them and post the links here

Found it, this is a good thread, he did the same calc's with the new gear and it is much better.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3550&highlight=ratio

i am interested to see if they are a worth while upgrade or not. it will be interesting to see what everyone thinks

i have one...but hpi says i have to send it back because it is machined wrong!!!!:stickspank:

ok well i got the 3 speed in last night and the high speed gear and nova clutch. all i can say is holy #$&% this thing flys. don't now for sure how fast but i can stay side by side with cars doing 45 and it gets there quick.
so needless to say i love it:cheers:

It's an awsome upgrade. I will let you know of the top speed as soon as I can get the woman to drive alongside it. Without twitching LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back