• Nomadio React

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Spectrum DX3

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Other (please post which one)

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

i was out runnin my truck today, and it was the first time with my new hump pack. i charged it fully and i was out driving in front of my house and it would get to a certain spot then i would loose touch with my truck at the same spot every time. is this a interference problem or is it my battery pack??? i thought it was an interference problem so i was going to buy a new radio but if its not interference then or my battery pack then what is it??? if you want a pic of the battery let me know.

Thx

It has to be interferance if it's happening in the same spot. Stand by that spot so you can determine if it's a distance issue or a signal from something else.

like chunky said, sounds like interference.

take it down the street a little farther to see if it acts up. or try the backyard, this should tell you if its just that one location that makes it act up.

well i live on a corner and when i go up the other street about the same distance it doesnt do anything. but I'm curious, what things cause interference????

YOULL FIND THAT SOME HOMES HAVE A AM LIKE SAT LINK FOR THERE COMPUTERS OR PHONES ! i USE TO HAVE A AM LINK THAT WAS FOR MY SONS TV IN HIS BEDROOM ! IT WOULD SEND A SIGNAL BETWEEN THE TWO TVS AND THEN WE FOUND OUT THAT EVERYTIME WE WHERE OUT FRONT OF THE HOUSE IN THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE THE TRUCKS WOULD ACT UP !! THEN WE JUST UPGRADED TO VERIZON FIOS AND HE DOESNT HAVE THAT OLD MESS ANYMORE AND NO MORE ACTING UP WITH THE OLD AM RADIOS FOR THE OLDER TRUCKS THAT haven't BEEN SWITCHED OVER YET TO FM !

yea and i think it come with 2 servos if I'm correct. and are the servos any good...or at least better than the stock x servos????

The servos are junk. the 590 can be used as a throttle break servo but i think the sf-2(thats the stock steering servo isn't it) is probably just as good. I'd go the nomadio. It's a fair bit more expensive but has a loads more features. The nomadio is closer to the dx3r (price and features). The DX3 is great value for money especially with 2 receivers. It is basically the cheapest after market radio on the market as far as I could find.

This is imbarrissing but, here it goes.

I'm useing a Top Qualifier..........go ahead and laugh it is funny

My stock controller was glitching so, I had this one laying around. lol

If you don't know what a TQ is don't feel bad you shoudnt. lol

Great thread I am also in the market for a radio.

Hi,

I just got a Nomadio Sensor off ebay for $237, with a transceiver (rx that transmits too) I love it, it talks, you can load wav files (and pic for splash screen) for any of the actions it has, it has built in failsafes for all channels, antilock brake, autostart and idle, plus you can add speed,tach, temp, and a extra voltage sensor (if you have a batt other than the hump pack, it monitors the hump pack automatically. it has many more features and timers, etc... too. Oh, I haven't seen it glitch or have any of the radio chatter I had with the stock radio at all since Ive had it.

I would suggest downloading the manual and PC software (you can run it without the radio connected) for the nomadio and you can check out the features before you buy, also get the same for any other radio you are looking at, thats the best way to get an idea what they will do.

Are your batteries fresh in your transmitter? If not it will randomly activate the fail-safe. Happened to me.....

Are your batteries fresh in your transmitter? If not it will randomly activate the fail-safe. Happened to me.....

yes they are new and i no, i no, i should get a failsafe but i don't have a failsafe yet but my truck wouldnt turn off i would just loose contact with it and some times i would get it back, and be able to drive back, but then one time it went all the way up the street and crashed into someones garage door...lol but i am almost positive that its an interference issue so now i need a new radio.

thanks for all your guys input!!! i seen the sensor but i don't really like how it looks. but i guess it doesent really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not too wild about the way the sensor looks, but it feels good and works great, the display can be turned so depending how you hold it you can set it to see the display. I am glad I went with it, actually now that I know how it works and all the features I would have bought one new, keep an eye on ebay they are showing up on there now pretty often.

Or save your money and just don't drive into that area.lol j/k I have heard great things about the dx3 but the nomadio has alot of cool features.

I'd go with the new spektrum dx3r. It's still a pretty good bit cheaper than the nomadio. The only main difference is you don't get the telemetry set-up with the spektrum as you do with the nomadio. The owner of one of the LHS that I mainly goto used both the spektrum and the nomadio and he definately prefers the spektrum over the nomadio. As soon as I get the money, I'm gonna upgrade to the new spektrum dx3r. Plus, the Rx is xtremely small.

lol what a co-inkidink crash......all my trucks (except for my st-1) are running top qualifier radios..and matching recievers...but i am getting a spektrum dx3 for the savvy real soon......bidding on one or two of em on ebay as we speak

what is the difference between the spektrum dx3 and the spektrum dx3.0???? and do they come with a rechargeable battery pack???

Last edited by a moderator:
cant go wrong with spektrum the other one mentioned is a great radio to i've heard but more pricey as was said!!

Both the 3PK and the M11 are real good radios. But by the time you buy the radio and then the 2.4 ghz upgade, your lookin at almost twice the price of a new spektrum.

Members online

Back