Question about LRP .28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamicowzi

Hey Ya Guys,

Longtime reader, first time poster here.

I just ordered an LRP .28 to throw in my Savage XL. I was wondering what exactly do I need to install the roto start system on it? I ordered the roto start backplate that is made for it. If am I thinking right, all I should need is the roto start assembly off of my old 5.9 right?

Also, while I am on it, I have a Dynamite 086 pipe. Is that going to be ok on the LRP?

Thanks!

welcome to the forum my friend!! as far as that pipe goes i've heard good things about it..as far as the other question about the roto start someone will have an answer shortly for you I'm sure so hang tight!!!

Not sure on the roto start. I like pulls but that pipe will run sweet on that mill

Thanks for the welcomes Sadsack and Maxbasher! Awesome...I am hoping that all I will need will eb that plate and the old roto set up off of the 5.9. I have read a lot of bad things about the 5.9....but nothing but good stuff about the LRP, so I am pretty sure I am getting a good mill.

you just need the regular roto backplate with the gears it it is the one that goes with the 21bb and 25

as for the backplate needed for the lrp sounds like u ordered it. i found out the hard way you don't want to use it tho, robin called me up telling me it doesnt seal properly for it to work well.

so if I don't want to use the backplate(it is made by Associated specifically for the LRP), what do you suggest?

Should just make sure to seal it up good with RTV sealant or is there another route aside from pullstart?

yea the sealant should be good, robin should chime in on this....
i know its made specifically for it i bought it myself but it just didnt seal right.

Hmmm...thats really weird, you wouldn't think that.

I am guessing you did the same with an LRP. What did you end up doing?

Ahhh...ok. How has that held up for you? To be honest, I kind of suck with nitros to a degree (mostly with motors), and I have always found the easy starts or roto starts to be handy...I hate to lug them around though. I have read that the LRP is and easy to start, easy to break in, and easy to tune motor. Think I'd be alright going the pullstart route?

I'm the same way man, I'm not happy about having to use pull. before u toss your backplate try the roto start, see if it works first.

How's the pull start working for you and what do you think of the LRP .28?

Hmmmmm...I may just do that and have the dude break it in as well. I have actually seen his site before, and have read posts in this forum talking about the guy.

i have the lrp on my savage xl with roto start you have to chenge the gear in the roto start ill have to find the part number for the gear cuz the hpi one dosent work with the lrp. other than that i sealed my back plate with some rtv sealent works just fine.,

Awesome...thanks for the tip cajundomino. That part # will be really appreciated.

You find the LRP to be a lot better than the 5.9?

welcome to the forum. good choice with the lrp, i just recently obtained a .28r spec 3. love it, it screams and broke 2 dogbones woot. after a while, i just prefer the pullstart. if tuned correctly, it fires up on one-three pulls. much more convenient. just my .02 cents

i don't have the number handy but ill get it tomorrow. my cousin is the owener of my local hobby shop so i get things at a good price. ill be trying the lrp .30 soon

Cool. I am excited to hear that .30 runs.

I am kind of pondering with just sticking with the pullstart, but I haven't had good luck with them in the past, but I would much rather just lug a glow igniter around and thats it.

The issue that I found with Bad's backplate was the area around the hole for the bolts was raised and went right to the inner edge of the plate. When bolted up there were gaps at 12,3,6 and 9 o'clock, I could have put in enough sealant to seal it up but that's just a bandaid. I wish I had taken some pictures so I could point it out but I have none, maybe you could post some when your engine arrives Bad.

The issue that I found with Bad's backplate was the area around the hole for the bolts was raised and went right to the inner edge of the plate. When bolted up there were gaps at 12,3,6 and 9 o'clock, I could have put in enough sealant to seal it up but that's just a bandaid. I wish I had taken some pictures so I could point it out but I have none, maybe you could post some when your engine arrives Bad.

ill try and do that, see how well my camera will pick up on it. should be here tomorrow I'm hoping.

Members online

Back