Question about Batteries and Chargers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I raced nitro 5 years ago but now I'm getting into electric. I had a Hotbodies micro charger for the hump pack on my nitro and I think its rated for 4 to 8 cell batteries with a range of 300-3000mah and charges Nicd or NiMH batteries. I bought 2 3800mah batteries and was wondering if it would hurt the battery or charger because the battery is 800mah above the chargers range. Thanks!

the charger wont go to the batteries full capacity, therefore you arent getting the most out of your packs. i don't know if this would hurt the batts, but i would reccomend a duratrax piranha, i have one and it charges up to a 5000 mah batt.

First off I want to thank you guys for answering because I have been asking this question awhile on other sites and never got a response. I know I can always come back the savage crowd and find friendly people.

Thanks for the links and I will definitely keep those in mind. I don't think it will be in the near future because I am on a really tight budget. That's why I was wondering if it would be harmful at all to just use the Micro charger for now.

I can't pretend to fully understand whole battery charging thing because I don't but how does it sense when the battery is fully charged? Because it is a peak charger. If it stops when the battery starts to level off and stops accepting the charge then it should still fully charge the battery right? Even though it says it only charges up to 3000mah. When did the 3000mah batteries come out? Because I bought it awhile back and I was wondering if it could be possible that they said that just because that was the highest mah pack at the time it was released. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back