Pully will not catch unless i put in ward pressure on it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petenwlk1

My pull cord only works if i stick a wench against it and put pressure inwards. I was told its an pin inside there that is striped. Does anybody now what the name of this part is.can I correct it with install on an auto starter? Salvage xl 4.6
Thx in advance
Peter

could be one way bearing or pin, be careful when pulling off back plate that seals against the block. the very small pin, is spring loaded and may shoot out and get lost and spring may also shoot out, when taking off back plate remove very very slowly so that doesn't happen

So i took apart the back end and got it all opened up and to be hounest don't know what I'm looking at. i noticed that theres groves inside the shaft holder but none on the shaft that goes into it from the pull cord. i didnt notice any springs l.lo so i geuss it didnt pop out at me :) So what you guys think? I can post pics if it helps also

So i took apart the back end and got it all opened up and to be hounest don't know what I'm looking at. i noticed that theres groves inside the shaft holder but none on the shaft that goes into it from the pull cord. i didnt notice any springs l.lo so i geuss it didnt pop out at me :) So what you guys think? I can post pics if it helps also
So i took apart the front end and got it all opened up and to be hounest don't know what I'm looking at. i noticed that theres groves inside the shaft holder but none on the shaft that goes into it from the pull cord. i didnt notice any springs l.lo so i geuss it didnt pop out at me :) So what you guys think? I can post pics if it helps also

K
Gotta take the pully back out.give me a few mins

Let me know if you need more

Attachments

• 20170317_223925.jpg
    20170317_223925.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170317_223916.jpg
    20170317_223916.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170317_223908.jpg
    20170317_223908.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170317_223859.jpg
    20170317_223859.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170317_223602.jpg
    20170317_223602.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170317_223547.jpg
    20170317_223547.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 1
jvt can probably help better, I'm not familiar with k motors, I would guess one way bearing may be bad, looks like all parts are there. , that is a general cause of not working.one way bearings don't last with a lot of cranking.

jvt can probably help better, I'm not familiar with k motors, I would guess one way bearing may be bad, looks like all parts are there. , that is a general cause of not working.one way bearings don't last with a lot of cranking.
What piece is the one way bearing?

make sure you clean all parts good to remove oil and grease, then put a light film of grease on the shaft that slides into the one way bearing, or it will lock up may try cleaning one way bearing too, then reassemble everything and test it. it may just be full of gunk and may work again ince everything is cleaned well. I guess putting all parts in a can with lid and thinner or gasoline or something to clean with

Since you have your :ercm: torn down partways you may as well just remove it and do a good cleaning and lube before putting it back in. I see enuff grit and gunk to get all kinds of crap into it at this point.....

Also post a couple of pics of the block and head so we can tell what 4.6 you are working with, (there are several variants of the 4.6 engine)

Ok
I will do all that withen the next few hours and get back to yall. Thank you all very much for the help thus far :)

Question
I notice on the Diagram for the Savage XL.that they used an sealant On the screws that puts the metal piece back onto the engine block. should I do the same if this time around everything works out?

Question
I notice on the Diagram for the Savage XL.that they used an sealant On the screws that puts the metal piece back onto the engine block. should I do the same if this time around everything works out?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-18-09-45-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-03-18-09-45-07.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1
Since you have your :ercm: torn down partways you may as well just remove it and do a good cleaning and lube before putting it back in. I see enuff grit and gunk to get all kinds of crap into it at this point.....

Also post a couple of pics of the block and head so we can tell what 4.6 you are working with, (there are several variants of the 4.6 engine)

I don't have any name brand lubs on hand. I have gun oil and wd 40.would ether of those do? Also what do i lube withen the engine?

20170318_121006.jpg I'm taking apart the back end and this appeard on the table.ive been carfully taking pitures and organizing parts and screws but i can fig were this would go.

that looks to be the part that goes into your transmission , it puts pressure on your brake pads to stop the vehicle, there is a little hole in the trans behind the brake disc and pads .

Latest posts

Members online

Back