Pull Start Fell Apart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello HPI service...... I would call them and complain like hell about that... I bet they will hook ya up with new parts for that.. also probably a good idea to just take it all down now and check everything out for yourself on this one....may as well ya got the engine out and diffs aint much harder to do so enjoy it wayne....

Any word yet on maybe some kind of rotostart option? If no, I really hope one is developed soon

AAAAAnd the exact same thing happened to mine as well. Go figure.

My pull start also fell apart, I was driving the Octane and noticed that the pull start cord was hanging out about two inches after it died , I pulled on the pull start and it completely came out all the way with no resistance . The spring didn't wind it in, I shined a flashlight in the small opening of the pullstart and found the nut just bouncing around and it seems there was no thread locker on the threads. I shipped it to Hobbico for the repair and a new pullstart. This didn't bother me too much other than not having the Octane to bash around during the holidays, things are going to happen and we'll repair or replace them and eventually get rid of weak links.

Members online

No members online now.
Back