Proline Trenchers 3.8s mounted on HPI Blast wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b@3

Is this possible? I know that the blast and tremor wheels are bigger than 3.8 or 40 series wheels but I'm wondering if a 3.8 tire can be streched over the wheel. Kind of like mounting 3.2 tires on half-ups. Mounting diameter of blast wheels are 115mm vs. 3.8 wheels 97mm, difference of 18mm.

Also what is the offset of blast and tremor wheels?

That is definitely my next combo, but the trenchers that I already have (and need wheels for) are for my savage and my shhh....summit.

if your looking for something that will fit the 17mm hubs and the 40 series take a look at the tech 5 wheels from proline i used them with my trenchers.

That's what I bought first; premounted trenchers on tech 5's but I didn't like the offset and sent them back. I have Axial oversize 8 spoke wheels(nonbeadlock) on backorder until late April but they are a wider wheel. I was hoping that HPI's blast wheels would have some offset to them plus they are closer to the width of the tech 5's.

Little update. I waited for Axial wheels to arrive. Got the trenchers mounted and I'm pretty happy with them, although their a little on the wide side. They are offset more than proline tech 5 wheels. I'll post some picks later.

Latest posts

Members online

Back