Proline blazer body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juarezd

Ok I just received my proline blazer body from eBay. Due to the fact that I have no local hobby store I went to micheals. Is testors one coat lacquer ok to use on the body? This is all I found. Is it ok to use or should I return and order other paint? I would like the body to last. Thanks for any help.

you using a clear lexan body? and are you planning on spray cans or airbrushing ??

I have been using the testors RC Lacquer paint for a long time with good results in most all my airbrushed shells....

OK you outta be good then as long as it is lacquer paint. by any chance does it specify for lexan rc bodies on the label somewhere?? can you post a pic of what you have by any chance?

Yea this is it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 11
You might want to try that on a scrap piece first? I have never seen it in that type can before....

Do u think I would be better off returning and getting something else? I'm clueless when it comes to paint and I don't want to mess this shell up.

So just try it on a piece I cut off the body

Yes try it on some scrap pieces and after it is dry flex it and see that the paint does not crack off the lexan.... also before you paint the shell wash it out well with dish soap and dry it well to remove oils and fingerprints from the inside...

I always trim my shells and punch any mounting holes and test fit it to the truck before i even mask it....
Clean after all trimmed and then mask and then wash it again to remove any unwanted prints from masking....

Ok thanks very much I really appreciate your help.

You should also buy a small container of denatured alcohol and a couple lint free cloths to wipe it down with before putting on any paint... doing so will give you a clean surface for your work....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back