Proline 3420-00 on a savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageDarwin

I just got a used savage x4.6 and wanting to make it look different. Seen a savage with a sc body on it and looking around I found http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/2013-ram-1500-true-scale-clear-body/
it has a smaller wheelbase than the truck (13.5mm shorter) and never messed with changing bodies and the extra trimming I'm sure that would be needed it it would work/look alright.
Thanks for any advice,
Darwin.

I have a short course shell on my Savage, it is much wider than stock but reversing the rear body mount it fits very well....

If you check the boxes below the truck body you are looking at, you will see one that says FITS. Check that box and you will see that your truck is NOT listed. Check on the left side of the page, and look at monster truck, and bodies listed that will fit your truck. It's not just a mater of trimming, but the wheelbase that you need to be concerned with if you want the body to look decent on your truck. The body you linked to ( Dodge Ram) is not made for your truck. HPI also has bodies specific to your truck that will fit correctly, and are much better detailed.

I understand that it is not intended to fit the savage, but I wanted to know if the .5in shorter wheelbase of the body would be too much of a difference. I like the flared fenders.

Sorry to beg to differ Greg, the wheelbase fits perfectly and being the shell is wider is the only reason one would have to trim the front and back well for clearance, side shot of mine with the proline SC 66 F 100 shell mounted you can see it does fit quite nicely......

Sorry to beg to differ Greg, the wheelbase fits perfectly and being the shell is wider is the only reason one would have to trim the front and back well for clearance, side shot of mine with the proline SC 66 F 100 shell mounted you can see it does fit quite nicely......

To me the wheelbase looks slightly longer on ur body than the trucks. And are u running bumpers under the body?

That looks like a ford Body, Jam? The one he's mentioned is a Dodge. I don't know if it will be the same or not.

Yes I am running the front and rear bumpers and also have the rear wheelie bar on that rig...... while the dodge body may be for a short course rig, believe me it will fit and work, this is not my first rodeo mounting a body not designed for a truck but making it fit....

Dang Jam, I thought you were into RC, and now I find out you're into Rodeo too? :lmao::hardlaugh:

The 66 F100 is made by Proline, they also make a narrower one to fit most 1/8 chassis...

The wheelbase on my SCT is 13.25" (approximately) and I see this truck is listed as as 12.7" I guess the way the front fenders are cut will let it fit pretty good. I really like the body, and I think I'll give it a shot. Amazon has a pretty good price (30 - Free shipping.) It's a 1/10th Losi.

I'd say the SC bodies will make the savge 4.6s look like a true scaled truck with oversized tires rather than the generic Bigfoot appearance. 1/10 tires may even add to the true scaled look with a lift kit with wider stance....and also to point out there are extended arms which will give more space between tire and quarter panels less alteration of the body also the FML chassis seem to be a perfect fit for the proline pre painted true scale body's.....Sounds good in theory eh!!! I'm gonna try it I love the way those bodies look true color as well...where as the Mt version only comes in clear which I will be getting as well for my own paint job.....so I will definitely post updates..the apocalypse summit body is sick on her as well!!!

Short Course bodies fit pretty well in a stock Savage 4.6

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1795.jpg

I put a SC body on my Savage it wasn't perfect but after trimming and measuring it came out ok

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back