Project...WOOD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samrsnow

AKA glue sniffer
I bet you're thinking from what title "what did he come up with now?"

Well i had this idea to make my truck look a lot cooler than it is right now by making a wooden TVP the same thickness of the aluminum one and put it over the aluminum one ans screw it on...I know I know you think i'm out of my mind but i'm not lol...This will make the aluminum TVPs a lot stiffer.

I might also look into a wooden mid tank plate when i get some FLM stuff...hehe

Here are the tear down pics

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

That's all for today folks!

Progress continue tomorrow!

Nooooooooooooooooooo

@JIMMY confiscate this savage now and he get limited visitation rights....

The wood on the TVP is really gonna be for looks...I'm gonna stain it then sand and stain it again...its gonna look nice :bling:

well its a "unique" idea but who knows it might look ok i just cant picture it at the moment!!!

After you are done with that you should replace the nitro motor with a coal burning one. hee-hee.. JK

Interesting idea, can't wait to see it.

I guess we can give ya an A for effort and one of a kind. Should look neat, I can't wait to see it.

After you are done with that you should replace the nitro motor with a coal burning one. hee-hee.. JK

Interesting idea, can't wait to see it.

Whip, lolol
Samr, cant wait to see what you come up with & maybe mount a small fire-extinguisher to it somewhere....

sammy, your catchin' a lot of flak for this, but on a serious note, have you given any thoughts to termites or carpenter ants?

UPDATE PICS!!!

I got to cut one side out today after i finished on the other thing i was working on for my dad...PICS vvv

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

Crash, i don't think wooden clutch shoes will happen anytime soon...lol.

i agree it would probably be the first savage Woody...tell the ladies that one...lol...

i think it is cool...out of the box thinking!!! who knows you migh just have a market for this..

looks good sammy...... you should think of bashing it then setting it on fire at the end... you know, kinda like a Hendrix performance....lol:jamout:

Some may disagree.... LOL jk Sam It may be silly but you are doing more work with this than any of the guys on the site do bolting up parts so KUDOS my man !

you guys are just mean.

Sam, what about wooden clutch shoe?

Those are called clutch clogs. :)

Don't forget to install the iron skid plates and suspension arms. It'll be heavy, so you might want to convert it to a twin coal mill.

Those are called clutch clogs. :)

Don't forget to install the iron skid plates and suspension arms. It'll be heavy, so you might want to convert it to a twin coal mill.

I'm still laughing at this one twin coal mills . gone have to train a mouse to stoke the burner lol. but seriously it should look good sam

ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well 99.9% actually because the little cutting blade decided to give up on me when i was doing the last little hole...D'oh!! :duh:

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
definatley different looking. not my thing, but to each his own! BTW how did you mount your wing. been lookin into one for mine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back