Project SHX HPI Savage X 4.6 ss With Hellfire Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my newly rebuilt Savage X ss. After launching it off a 10 foot tall FMX Freestyle motocross ramp several times seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osMUT6TsGW4&eurl=http://www.nolimitrcfl.com/videos.html It was time to go through the truck to inspect the damage. The Truck held up very well despite a few bend shock shafts and a cracked gas tank. I expected to find allot more wrong after 3 days of brutal jumps off of that ramp. In my tear down process I had my HPI hellfire sitting close by and something told me to pick up 1 of the shock towers to see if it would fit the savage bolt pattern. Much to my delight the mounting holes lined right up, and with some minor trimming to the savage bulk heads they slid right into place. I bolted on 4 HPI Hellfire shocks and realized, I just created the best handling Savage I had ever laid eyes on. Check out the photos below as the truck took first place at the season finale of the No Limit R/C of Florida R/C monster Truck Racing Series.

Thanks to HPI Racing for the best product support I have ever come across!!
Head on over to www.hpiracing.com and www.nolimitrcfl.com for up to date info on what’s on what’s next!!

Thanks
Bari
www.nolimitrcfl.com
www.nolimitrc.com
www.nolimitrcofvirginia.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bud, don't know how it happened but you made 8 duplicates of this thread. Accidents happen so no big deal, just wanted to let you know I deleted all of them except this one.

The truck looks good. With the body on it kind of looks like a Jato. Good work, thanks for sharing.

BTW- That ramp is INSANE!

looks good i like the hellfire shock towers! i agree it looks a bit like a jato with the shell on (but much better lol)
thanks for posting.
4x4

that's absolutely awesome!! perfect solution for lowering your ride height for a racer...plus, this would mean the hellfire's wing would now mount right on with no modifications, correct?

You just have to make sure you keep your savage at a reasonable weight. If your savage weighs 15 pounds the Hellfire shock won't last long. Hellfire shocks weren't made to absorb a heavy savage falling from 25 feet. I'm not saying that this is a bad idea just wanted to throw my thoughts out there.

Thanks guys!

K0m0d067-the wing would go on if you didnt have to mount the body mounts to the other side of the shock tower becasue they hit the header on the motor. If you had to have a wing I'm sure it would be easy to come up with a diffrent body mount method.

Fxstrongside- that truck weighs 9.4 lbs and when the lower cg carbon fiber chassis plates come in it should get even lighter.

Hi,

I am not seeing any pictures, the first post on the thread is FX's explainng about multipul posts??

It will be that moderation thing again. If he edits his post a moderator has to approve it again so it disappears until they do.

I wanna see, this sounds good.

Looks awesome dude. I can't open the bigger pictures though. Instead of using imageshack try picasa web galleries or something else. Imageshack has a habit of loosing pictures and is so sssssssslllllllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Nice work. I too have been researching for a couple of months now with compatibility beweent the two trucks. I recently read that the hot bodies lightning pro diffs will work in the hellfire and savage. These diffs are helical cut and are a common upgrade on hellfire racing truggies. I was going to see what it would take to put the hellfire a-arms onto my savage as a cheap upgrade to a wide stance. So is this going into production from HPI?

Thats a really cool idea. And the truck looks good. Gives me some ideas on stuff to try.

nice setup looks good,that is one sick jump did anyone land on the rig thats sitting there

we came real close to hitting that semi :Xfingers: but we missed it every time, my hellfire came down right in front of it one time.

here are all the part numbers in case anyone wants to try it

86542 purple shock caps (2)
87500 shock cap bladder (1)
z661 lock nut (1)
z685 washer (1)
86541 shock shafts (2)
86540 shock bodies (4)
75075 o rings (2)
85510 shock parts set (2)
86544 ball (1)
87524 bumpstop (1)
85231 spacers set (2)
87525 Spring set (1)
86545 shock mount (2)
z538 screws (1)
z663 locknuts (1)
94630 screws (1)
85514 body mounts (2)
86094 screw shaft (1)
86587 shock towers (2)
73070 carbon fiber brace set (1)
86048 upper brace (2)
87245 suspension conversion(1)

I used part number 73070 as not only a brace but a spacer also to take up the gap where the old shock tower sat. I used part number 86048 to support the bumpers but twisting it into shape untill i got it to line up to the top holes in the bumper. It then goes down to the holes in the side of the bulk head that are not used. These are the holes running through the bulk heads.
The truck is going to be raced again this saturday In Lakeland, Florida.
Thanks
Bari

Thanks Bari

Last edited by a moderator:
Bari, if you can, do you think you could possibly get some close-up pics of how you mounted the hellfire towers and the bumpers and stuff. And maybe a little how-to explaining how to do it. The mods might even make it a sticky. I would.

Latest posts

Members online

Back