Project Flux XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-Hate-Traxxas

Well some of you guys may have heard me talk bout my up and coming build and well I think I am off to a good start. Here is a list of some stuff I have just ordered and already have.

-Aftershock Shocks
-Kershaw Designs Direct Drive (On the way)
-Carbon fiber arm braces
-XL TVP's (On the way)
-300mm x 100mm 2.5mm carbon fiber (On the way)
-Carbon fiber battery stop (Custom made)
-Integy rear carriers

I think that is it for now. My whole goal with the build is to have the batteries inside the chassis. I plan to put them where a nitro motor would be located.

Also the plan with the carbon fiber is to 1. Make my own mid plate to mount the steering servo and 2. To make a battery plate with it and 3. I might make a wing mount but not sure yet.

DSC00671.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00670.jpg

Battery Stop
DSC00666.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sa-weet I.H.T., i been wantin to see someone do it up with the Kershaw gearbox.

also very interested in seeing how this comes together with the batteries inside. can you get the standard packs in there or is there a different type of pack you need.

keep the pics comin, gonna be a lot of eyes on this project. :bobang:

Well you can use pretty much any LiPo as long as it fits width wise cause they are all pretty much the same length right? But with this set up any pack under 140mm should fit

So I have a question anyone know of a skid plate that would fit the XL tvp's? I would make one but have no metal or alum. to make one out of right now so any help would be great!

Also I have been thinking and I'm not sure if LST shocks are the way to go... Any one got any suggestions? I wouldn't mind trading for some other shocks if anyone is instrested, maybe some Flux BB's?? Shoot me a pm if ya guys have any offers.

The BB's are the way to go. They work just as well and are just as smooth as the LST's and the BB's are half the weight. However, the aluminum bodied ones are the best way to go, just my $2.

I can't get the aluminum ones though just to much money and I am trying to get the "best bang for your buck" kinda thing I still want good stuff for this build and save money in places were I can and get by so I can spend a little more on ESC and lipos etc.

Ok I have a question sense I am pretty much a noob when it comes to BL with this setup would I need to soder anything?

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww195/usmc3153/2009_0318picuresnew0001.jpg

What I am asking is if i use the bullets I wont have to soder right??

not exactly sure what your askin here caz i see 2 sets of bullet connectors which it looks like the builder used as a means to shorten the wires.

if you buy the hpi tork/blur, it comes with the bullets already soldered & shrink tubed to the wires coming from the motor. you just plug -n- play to the esc.

if your lookin to shorten the wires as done in the pic, you'll need 3 male & female bullets & shrink tube.

if you buy the castle mmm motor & esc, you'll have to buy extra wire & make the Y harness with deans or traxxas connectors for your packs & solder the bullets onto the motor wire leads.

sorry for the long post, hope it helped

Has anyone ever used an Align Motor? I know they are for helis but would they work??

Input voltage: DC 11.1-22.2 V 3-6cell Li-Po
Max continuous current: 70A/85A (60sec)
Max output power: Approx. 1600W/2000W (60sec)
KV value: 1700KV

i don't see why it wouldnt work, but i also don't see why you'd choose it instead of a Castle 2200kV for a savage.

that motor is 500kV less than the castle .

if you pay retail, youll be spending the same $$ for a significantly slower savage.

4s (14.8v) x 1700kV = 25,160 max rpm
4s (14.8v) x 2200kV = 32,560 max rpm

just checked the e-bay auction. if you decide to try this motor, see if you can find a brand-new one.

this quote from that auction scares me:
Last time I used it, it was in perfect working order. This motor is used, and due to the nature of this hobby, item sold as-is. If you have any questions, please ask me prior to bidding. Happy Bidding!!!

hate to see you try to save a couple bucks & get burned down.

I was just looking for cheaper motors

But an update, I got my direct drive and I am very disappointed! The holes are not drilled and it has so much slop in the gears and it looks like very poor metal.

I was just looking for cheaper motors

But and update I got my direct drive and I am very disappointed! The holes are not drilled and it has so much slop in the gears and it looks like very poor metal.

that stinks iht. keep us posted.

just noticed you have hellfire shock towers on your wish list. idk man, they

bend so easy on my hellfire i I'm replacing them soon as i stop dumpin $$ into my flux. Not

tryin to pop your balloon, i hope your happy with them if you try. just don't

wanna see you waste $40. :peace:

Thanks frddy thats what I was looking for!

Thought I would just edit this post and update this I will have two more things coming in the mail soon should get it ordered sometime in the next few days its a small list but here it is

-Jconcepts Illuzion Body http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_363_365&products_id=4388
-Tekno Battery Straps http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2067

How does that illuzion body fit on the savage?

Latest posts

Members online

Back