Problems starting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfeman04

9F5B53EE-8C52-409C-8610-B2C244795E09.jpeg 0FC2C7E5-5468-4607-B8EA-DC17DA21D155.jpeg 55E6D2C1-9427-4F66-9C86-9F83B06EBAEB.jpeg Hello! I just bought a new Savage and had it running for a good bit. I was attempting to tune it and in the process burned out the glow plug. I put a new one in and now I can’t get it to start. I tried putting the needles back to stock but still can’t get it to start. I’ll post where I have everything at. Please help!

did you burn it out by leaning it out to much? if you turn the motor over can you still feel the pinch at the top of the stroke?

Did you try purging the engine of any excess fuel before you tried starting it with the new glow plug? Also, check the glow plug with the igniter. I've had a couple of bad ones brand new out of the package, so it's in the realm of possibility.

It was smoking a lot so I was slowly leaning it out. I don’t believe I leaned it out to much but i guess it is possible. I know the igniter is good and I checked the glow plug. What kind of glow plugs would y’all recommend for this. Right now i have a o.s. Lc3 in it. The one that came out of it doesn’t look the same and it has a #6 on it so maybe that’s it? And as for the pinch on the top of the stroke, i do believe it still has that. Thanks for the help!

So I’ve tried everything I can think of. I have the glow plug that was in it coming in tomorrow. So if that doesn’t work I’m going to tear down the motor to see what it looks like. I wanted to buy a new motor anyways so I figured this would be a good learning opportunity.

Latest posts

Members online

Back