problem with Savage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrington81

Hi everyone! I have a problem with my Savage X 4.6 RTR. Let's start off with on a full tank of fuel it starts up fine and idles fine but when u try to drive it at half or full throttle it bogs like crazy with very little power taking a while to reach top speed. It goes through 1/3 of a tank very quickly and the last 2/3's it's not as bad. I've tried leaning out the high speed needle and richening it but it won't help. I've tried everyhting i could think of replacing the fuel tank,fuel line,muffler,exhaust gasket,exhaust coupler,glow plug and it still runs like crap. I've owned it for a while and it used to run great but I'm almost ready to give up on it. Any suggestions at all? Thanks.

Hi everyone! I have a problem with my Savage X 4.6 RTR. Let's start off with on a full tank of fuel it starts up fine and idles fine but when u try to drive it at half or full throttle it bogs like crazy with very little power taking a while to reach top speed. It goes through 1/3 of a tank very quickly and the last 2/3's it's not as bad. I've tried leaning out the high speed needle and richening it but it won't help. I've tried everyhting i could think of replacing the fuel tank,fuel line,muffler,exhaust gasket,exhaust coupler,glow plug and it still runs like crap. I've owned it for a while and it used to run great but I'm almost ready to give up on it. Any suggestions at all? Thanks.

How much fuel have you run through it?

Hi! I've ran about a gallon through it. I bought it new about 5 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you could do a video of it w/sound it would help,but till then check around the block when running for a leak,maybe the fuel tank lid is not tight,cracked fuel line,could be a bunch of things

alright i'll try to get a video up. I was going to tell u guy's that there is a lot of bubbles in the fuel lines i noticed.

Thats right Windjamer....
It also sounds like the ol' "half tank lean" sinario....
Try tuning at the half tank mark.
It sounds like your leanning out at the end of the tank.

Oh... did you say "air bubbles?"
Tie-wap your fuel filter, replace fuel lines.
Preasure check your tank.

Hi there. I'm wondering how u put a video up on the forum? I made a video of the Savage x but i don't know how to get it up. Any suggestions! Thanks.

savage x-9 vid is fat the needles need to come in. 7 was close and you said it should not sound that high. you were right it should go higher... you then went fat when it needed to go leaner ... you also cranked the screw about 3-4 hours way to much at a time when you are close. it could have gone about 2 hours leaner on the Hi speed at that point. then the LSN need some work too but I'm looking at you HSN /top end atm

Hello! I watched the video and printed out how to tune your engine that u guy's sent me. I leaned out the hsn and played with the lsn and it ran great. Thanks to everyone for watching the video's and helping me out. This is a great forum with lot's of useful info. Cheers!

glad you got it all dialed in!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back