problem with my mulchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad67bird

hey guys I'm haveing a glueing issue with my mulchers.i glue both sides 100% around the rims back in march and i had to redo the right side on july 4th and now the left side has come apart:

Did u clean all of the glue/wheel chrome, from the tire before re-gluing?

Did you remove wheel chrome from gluing surface on wheel before initial mounting/glueing?

no and no, ive never done that before but it seems that may have been the culprit......thanx moto

NP dood. The reason I always remove the chrome beforehand, is because it (the chrome) usually lets go of the wheel, but continues to stick to the tire.

When regluing, the CA will always stick to the porous tire better than whatever guck is already there, so get rid of the guck!

Just what moto said the chrome is a chrome clad it will chip off the chrome wheels with ease. I have never had chrome wheels on any of my RC's but will defiantly strip the chrome off before gluing. Some people don't strip it and have no issues thought.

Just what moto said the chrome is a chrome clad it will chip off the chrome wheels with ease. I have never had chrome wheels on any of my RC's but will defiantly strip the chrome off before gluing. Some people don't strip it and have no issues thought.

Larsen, the savy in your avatar has chrome wheels! :hardlaugh: Not talking smack, just wondering.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back