problem with fiber brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1n3sse

Hey guys I bought and am attempting to install the hpi dual fiberglass brake kit #87055 on my sav x and it seems that they are too big, not the brakes themselves but where they slide onto the brake hub on the tranny. any thoughts? i hate having to put my old ss brakes back on.

if you bought the red disks by themselves you need to get the x ss outdrive cup from the trans to make them fit. The stock one on the x or older kits/rtrs is too small.

Not for the Xss. that has the stainless brake and that hub is too small. But you need the hub for that brake set. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: LMAO call me Mr. HPI VVV Cam your too funny

Last edited by a moderator:
you need the hub that comes with the kit, i cant seem to find one separate of the kit tho. but if you go to nitronutzz on ebay, when he has them he starts them at 12.95, on the last day there available he sells them for 9.99 which is what i got mine for.
ill keep looking tho I'm sure they sell the hub separate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-4-6-SAVAGE-...p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39%
3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

i have a trans out of my x4.6 would that outdrive work? if it does, your welcome to it.

sorry bout my first post i misread yours.

I have the x ss kit #861. dread I'm not sure if it will work but if the stainless discs fit on the outdrive its going to be too small. If the ss discs don't fit i will gladly take you up on your offer.

it came with the red fiber discs. i swapped to a single fiber disc, and back to a dual fiber. gimme a chance to get it off and ill let you know what shipping will be.

Latest posts

Members online

Back