Problem idling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white scrubs

After running about 10 tanks through my x 4.6 after break in, it won't idle. The wheels spin fairly fast while off the ground and it's incredibly boggy. The hsn is back to factory and there is about 1mm gap in the carb. I've been leaning the lsn a total of half a turn now but no improvement. Should I keep going on the lsn or should I try something else?

Have you checked the remote to see if it needs adjusted? Sometimes it happens with out noticing it.. so Ppl start tuning the motor...if it's not that ..then might be the tube.. the lsn when leaned out brings up the idle so might need to turn it out slightly.. shoulda adjust the high speed needle first ..once it has hoodie tune on it then do the low speed needle ..and when it's on and stand and the wheels are turning. Does it stall out when you press the breaks? If so it definitely needs idled down.. if it can sit on the ground without rolling away on it's own it shoulda be OK.. if it's not running away from you or griping the clutch ..

I set the whole thing back to factory again and it was idling but the wheels still turning. It ran extremely rich. So rich that the stand it was on had a large amount of very thick oil under the pipe. The fuel I use is home made by a guy at the hobby shop. I'm going to try glo-max tomorrow after I go to a different, larger hobby shop for Some advice

It's all in the fuel I guess. Running glo-max now, got a re-tune and it runs like a dream. Just too bad the weather is up the duff this weekend or i would be out there teaching it a lesson for
Doing that to me

home made nitro fuel? have you ran it before because I doubt that would ever workout right.

Scrubs,Have you gone over your engine and exhaust to check for air leaks recently?
Funny u mentioned this as i recently had an issue with my 4.6 engine....turns out my head bolts worked loose and had ever so slightly signs of blow by traces on the head shims. also check your silicone seals at block and where muffler joins the manifold. i have 2 different lots of 20% nitro fuel I'm using which one is also home made. and see very little if any difference in performance. once i re tightened my head bolts it ran a heck of a lot better and idling was spot on.

Latest posts

Members online

Back