Pre run question??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmansavage

Like I have said I am new to the nitro world I have read and heard a lot of people say to check and tighten or loctite every screw on new unit. It’s pretty easy to see in my mind what to do but I just wanna make sure I am not gonna do extra or not needed work before I start taking screws out to loctite them just wanna start off with good habits... thanks for any input and help...

Completely disassembling your savage could be a learning experience, but largely unnecessary. I would loctite all screws going into metal (don't do screws going into plastic, doesn't work and usually eats away the plastic) that you can easily get to.

A couple that I will count as must do though: wheel nuts, make sure they are quite snug, grub screws in the drive cups (1 on either side of the transmission and 1 on each of the pinions for the diffs) and do the screws on the motor mount. While you do the motor mount screws it's smart to check your clutch/ spur mesh.

1539088813557.png 1539088672013.png 1539088773106.png

The only thing you really need to Loctite are screws and bolts going into metal but like he said taking it apart all the way is a good way to learn all about it.

locktite stick.jpg

Your new best friend is this stuff......Also get yourself a quality set of hex drivers, your hands will thank you for doing so.....

Thanks guys and hope I am not annoying anybody with my newbie questions I was taught better to ask than to not lol....off to Lowe’s to get some loctite stick lol thanks again!!!

Thanks guys and hope I am not annoying anybody with my newbie questions I was taught better to ask than to not lol....off to Lowe’s to get some loctite stick lol thanks again!!!

Make sure it's the blue one!

If you're not sure, it's better to ask a "stupid" question than to make a "stupid" mistake! We've all been where you are and are more than willing to help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back