Porting And Polishing K5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N713TL

hello Savages lol ... I have a few Questions on porting and polishing the K5.9..

1, is it worth porting and polishing the k 5.9 ?

2, when porting the exhaust port is it good to make the top of the port match the size of the port on the block . ??

3, on the crank what do you port or polish . I am going to ramp the crank .

4, got a carb Question does any one run with out the chrome insert in it and is there any gain .

thank you for your time if get a answer..

Actually I see no real reason to go to all the work of doing what you describe...
if you would like to do it for practice or for your own satisfaction then go ahead but do I see a large performance gain? Not really, the 5.9 makes plenty of power in box stock form and all that the chassis can really handle...
Not trying to dissuade you from trying but there are way more worthy :ercm: out there that will show gains from doing as you describe....

just adding rpm for the hell of it plus my own personnel touch to my beast . just wana see if it does any thing it is a extra engine I am putting on a nitro sport lol

of course I'm trying to hit the 100+ mph range hopping anyway its gunna be cool

work in progress . plus my savage

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0966.JPG
    IMG_0966.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0967.JPG
    IMG_0967.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0968.JPG
    IMG_0968.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0969.JPG
    IMG_0969.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0970.JPG
    IMG_0970.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 17
You should also polish the crankshaft too, I did my SH .28 just for fun to see how it would come out

Before polishing

After

Results are pretty dramatic...

I am doing that and going to polish the in side before I ramp it . plus I'm gunna port it a lil .
thanks for the advise bro !!!

getting close to the completion of my engine got my head gaskets today just waiting for my starter shaft to finish assembly . the I'm gunna install in my savage xl to break in and test before I mod my sport lol

beastly is the best way to describe the after port & polish more power was gained lower and upper power band . I did a medium fang and got a huge power gain sealed the engine carb baking plate . only draw back is now I burn more fuel lol

its just the fun of the hobby . I think we can agree on that . I think a better part of this hobby isn't the going out and playing but the repairing an customizing of these beast .

I have to agree whole heartedly. I have gotten to the point where all I do is paint bodies for all my friends, (and their friends) and myself, and work on their cars for them. I haven't as much as touched a car or truck to go racing in months. I'm not complaining, I really like what I'm doing and don't miss the driving part at all.

I know what you mean . I love to drive as well its the other half of the hobby . I just don't get when people complain about working on there cars and trucks . it truly is not your RC until you put your mark on it .

That's some pretty clean looking mods your doing.

I get what your saying about wrenching... although, after 15+ years, I build my trucks to take serious abuse without the need for replacing stuff. So now, I spend 95% of my time bashing and 5% of my time maintaining and I like it that way. 10 years ago, I didn't mind spending a day tearing a rig down to work on something, but now, I just like charging the pack, filling the nitro bottle and spending a couple hours running.

the end result is great . I've notice the after doing this the mid tank lean is gone and the lower end has a ton more torque . I keep chewing up clutch bells harden steel ones lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back