poppin plugs!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuz

I still can't keep my xl running for over 5min withouth blowing a glow-plug. I re-set all factory settings and took it to the hobby shop for a tune. He left it a little rich at my request and had no problems in the 5 min it took him to tune it. I take it out today and bam 3 plugs gone, mc-59's. My temps are around 230-240, lots of blue smoke with tons of jam!!
I'm wondering if this is occuring because i sealed the engine after reading several posts on air leaks. My last 2 plugs weren't broken or visibly damaged at all so I'm curious if compression is killing them now??

hmmm. may have found the source of the debris nocking out my plugs!!
any thought why?

What % fuel are you running ? show a pic of the top of the piston.
SL.

Last edited by a moderator:
20% fuel The piston was very oily when it came out, i cleaned it up for a closer look at the top. it looks pitted to h3ll now, I'm not sure if its from plug element bouncing around or from peices of piston sleeve

lol yep that would be our problem !!!!! Hate when that happens

what could cause it? Poor machining, more motor than metal? My fault? HPI's fault?

Did you put in in backwards? You asked last night in the shout, why you popped plugs after sealing your mill. If you put it in backwards this would happen... lets see the crank. That will tell all...

I never had the piston or crank out at all, pretty much just pulled the roto start cover and sealed that. heres a few pics of the crank, let me know what you guys think, should hpi be helping me out with this one or am i stuck with it?

Id call them 4 sure! it looks fine BTW

Try calling them, but do not be surprised if they do not want to replace the engine. Once you cracked it open to seal it, this may have voided a warranty. But they cannot say no if you do not ask. If they will not replace the motor or piston, you can get one on EBAY. Good luck bud.

Yea don't offer up that you sealed it! That does void the warranty... Just tell them it let go. Get all the sealer off it...

Members online

Back