Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 46.7%

Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parks450

So I'm letting the good people here decide what I'll be hydro-dipoing my body in. I have 5 choices, but please feel free to add pic of one you may like as well and if I like it I'll add it to the poll. I'm going for, skulls/ flames look. But not over the top flames, just something clean and sharp. I'll post a pic of the savage I have, and the body first so you know what it's going on. Truck, is mostly flm/ new era, and will have black accents on it. So mostly aluminum and black. Body is a proline desert rat short course. Onto the pics,

This is the truck, but will be an xl with flm tvp, and black accents:12382.jpg

Body
Screenshot_20180209-202501.png

Poll choices:

IMG_1941_1080x.jpeg

IMG_2415_1080x.jpeg

IMG_4633_1080x.jpeg

received_2377690858923376.jpeg

received_2377690812256714.jpeg

Ok I think I fixed it, it allows 1 vote per member and they may choose any 1 of the 5 or other or dislike all

Keep them coming gents

Anyone have any they would like to add? I do like 3 as well. I like a few more of them to though lol

That's actually my favorite so far, poll isn't going the way I wanted :shifty: lol

Well it is your choice to make, pick the one you like best and go with it.... I have always been a Flame kinda guy, so the #3 fits my fancy well and most all my bodies are done that way, I like the #4 also and I agree it is creepy and would look very COOL.....

do yourself a favor after you decide on which one you have done and undercoat the inside of the shell with a color to add some depth and contrast to the finished body... either way I look forward to seeing the finished body....

I like #4 as well, seems to fit the desert rat body/theme the best in my mind as well as the black and aluminum.

Well it is your choice to make, pick the one you like best and go with it.... I have always been a Flame kinda guy, so the #3 fits my fancy well and most all my bodies are done that way, I like the #4 also and I agree it is creepy and would look very COOL.....

do yourself a favor after you decide on which one you have done and undercoat the inside of the shell with a color to add some depth and contrast to the finished body... either way I look forward to seeing the finished body....

So after the hydro print is done, add a layer of paint or another film in a solid color? Am I interpreting that correct?

Here's how it's sitting now, will have some more progress and better pics tomorrow received_2382214321804363.jpeg

So after the hydro print is done, add a layer of paint or another film in a solid color? Am I interpreting that correct?

Yes I would say a solid color to accent any of the see through areas of the dipping and also to add solidity to the dip job.... usually a solid color like silver or gold or white will help the dip to remain opaque and not show light through the job.....
I would have it hydro-dipped, then when it is dry for a couple of days I would cover the whole outside with some clingy saran wrap so you do not get any overspray onto the outside of the shell and undercoat the whole inside of the shell with a solid color...

Be aware those dipped bodies are similar to painting the outside of a body and will have no protection from scrapes and stuff happening from flips and the like....

I will have it dipped from the inside, not the outside. So it should be protected. I'll likely do black or blue, if that would work?

They can dip it from the inside??? if that is the case then just check with the dipper guys to make sure adding a layer of paint inside will not damage the dip job..... but yes making the job opaque still applies.... guess you will have to rely on the guys dipping the job to be sure on that fact.....

Yes sir they can, watched it being done a few times. Little more difficult to do but not bad.

Ok here's the updated look, get your votes in fellas!20180217_213900.jpg

Attachments

• 20180217_213816.jpg
    20180217_213816.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 0
Looking good, how do you like those SRC tires also, where did you get the pipe(ERCM)?

Looking good, how do you like those SRC tires also, where did you get the pipe(ERCM)?

Honestly haven't had a chance to test the tires. But from my observations, they are awesome on hard surfaces, terrible on grass, ok in gravel lol. For high speed, they are perfect since they are belted so no ballooning. Haven't tested them out jumping but they have no cushion almost so major air could be an issue. Pipe came with the truck when I bought it in pieces lol. But yes it is a ercm, awesome and arguably the best pipe for a savage, but loud.

Latest posts

Back