Please help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Livewire

***HPI TILL I DIE***
Hi,

I have justed fitted a Axial .32 into my old savage .21
I have changed the diffs, Axial 18 tooth clutch bell and 3 Aloy shoe clutch, 47 tooth spur gear, changed the pipe to a polished pipe, I have changed the servos, throttle and brake linkage. Big air filter and fuel filter, & using stock rims and tyres. Also I sealed the engine before fitting.

I have just finished breaking the engine in (with 5 tanks of fuel) also I have opened the LSN 1 and a half turns as advised to lower the running temp. I took it out today to tune, and before I started to tune when accelerating it goes well but bogs down before hitting 2nd and stalls :duh: also it does not realy come that close to pulling a wheelie?? I'm not sure if it is stuck in 2nd as the gear box is still on the settings for the savage .21
Is it the engine needs leaning or is it the gearbox?? or any other sujestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your tune is most likely still too fat. Also you may need more break in. When your engine is done with break in you should notice a definite difference in performance.

it never hurts to run a couple more tanks through. try leaning the hsn a bit more. as X said, your tune is still to fat, which would cause it to stall with too much fuel.

it never hurts to run a couple more tanks through. try leaning the hsn a bit more. as X said, your tune is still to fat, which would cause it to stall with too much fuel.

Sound about right as it was going through a tank in about 5 mins and was covering the ground with lines of unburnt fuel!!

Shall I just lean the HSN a turn or so and go from there??

ps, you guys are fast as f**k with the reply's :resp:

Lean the HSN at 1/8 turn increments. once you get that set move on to the LSN.

we have no lives apparently but to help people on this site. :FarleyParty: :drunk:

You were probally fine, seeing as how you're still really fat tuned. But always move slowly, you don't want to run the engine lean if you can help it.

we have no lives apparently but to help people on this site. :FarleyParty: :drunk:

you got that right X. as far as the lsn, leave it until you get your hsn worked out. that way it wont really mess up your tune. if nothing else, return it to factory settings, and go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
you got that right moto. as far as the lsn, leave it until you get your hsn worked out. that way it wont really mess up your tune. if nothing else, return it to factory settings, and go from there.

MOTO?!?!?!?! I take that as a compliment. :jamout:

Yeah man, lean that HSN a little, 1/8th turns at a time. Watch the smoke trails, when they are nice and blue, you're getting close. One of the guys at the lhs just broke in a picco the other day, it wasn't smoking at ALL! I was like, "Dude, that thing is gonna burn up! There's no smoke at all!". Come to find out, it was so rich, it was hardly able to burn fuel. He was tossing plugs at it right and left, he started to lean it out and it got a more distinct smoke trail going then showed some power! :)

Yeah man, lean that HSN a little, 1/8th turns at a time. Watch the smoke trails, when they are nice and blue, you're getting close. One of the guys at the lhs just broke in a picco the other day, it wasn't smoking at ALL! I was like, "Dude, that thing is gonna burn up! There's no smoke at all!". Come to find out, it was so rich, it was hardly able to burn fuel. He was tossing plugs at it right and left, he started to lean it out and it got a more distinct smoke trail going then showed some power! :)

Should it leave much unburnt fuel on the ground?? is this normal??

remember, left is shorter shift, right is longer shift. usually the best shift i found is when it actually has a small difference in rpm. seems to keep the powerband smooth.

Latest posts

Members online

Back