Please HELP!!!! Savage brake issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrosav:13

What's up everyone! New to the forum but couldn't find a post on this issue. I have a problem with my brake rod works its way out, the brass piston doesn't lock it in place. The rod looks ok the brass piston looks ok but when I brake I can pull the rod out by hand. The screw holes are not stripped and calipers are good. Any suggestions.

Is the brass piston positioned inside the cut out region of the rod? Fairly certain that is all that holds it inside the transmission case.

upload_2017-1-16_15-46-56.png

Is the brass piston positioned inside the cut out region of the rod? Fairly certain that is all that holds it inside the transmission case.

View attachment 2958
I fixed it! Feel like a retard it was just what you said. Almost 2 hours of WTF! Lol. Thanks for the REPLY. Time to break something again!!!!!

I fixed it! Feel like a retard it was just what you said. Almost 2 hours of WTF! Lol. Thanks for the REPLY. Time to break something again!!!!!

Glad you got it. Might be a good idea for you to take a little time to read through the exploded view for your truck. Besides literally taking it apart, it's the best way to learn how everything goes together.

I've had that tiny edge break off my brake rod before. Then it didn't matter what I did, the rod would just vibrate out.

Latest posts

Members online

Back