Platinum RC Products 250cc midtank plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonmud

First off I would just like to state that Jason (larsenracing) from PRCP is a very professional person to deal with and the quality of the products I have received from him are top quality all the way.
I received the package within a reasonable amount of time (5 days) and they were packaged very nicely. I opened the package and was blown away by the product and how well it was machined. Very thick and well polished.

000_2659.jpg

It bolted right on just like promised and I was very impressed with the way it all lined up. Recessed holes for the screw took away any worries I had of the tank rubbing on the hardware and causing me problems down the road.

000_2662.jpg

The 250cc tank (from OFNA Hyper One Seven) fit perfectly! I was so psyched to get it all hooked up and see the finished product. I have ran almost 2 gallons of fuel with the plate in there and it still looks perfect. I did seal the outside edge with CA glue since I was told chassis flex might make it crack. Hear is a pic of it all together.....

000_2672.jpg

Honestly I cant think of a negative thing to say about this upgrade. The runtime is killer and the product doesnt look shabby. What more could you ask for?

Price: 10/10

Fit: 10/10

Looks: 10/10

Function: 10/10

Overall: 10/10
To see more great products and info contact larsenracing or visit his website at www.platinumrcproducts.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good on that flm truck, I might have to give him another go, always looking for a little longer run time. What was the price? And wieght saveings?
How did you mount the st. servo?

I just mounted it to the TVPs like FLM intended with there mounts. I already had it hooked up like that before I figured out how I was going to get the tank in there. Here is a pic with the plate off.

2r76l5f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the wieght savings?

I really am not sure what the FLM plate weighs. But this one is very light for how thick it is. If Jason doesn't know the weight I could take the plate off and weigh it for you. It wont be that hard to do.

I haven't measured that exact plate for some reason but it will be very close to 26 Grams and the FLM will be more than double that maybe 65 grams.

For instance my extended LCG TVPs are 80 Grams the stock savage X ones are 78 Grams and the FLM extended LCG TVP's are 129 Grams and mine have much thicker x-bracing to give it added strength. Anyhow just to give you a perspective on how light CF is.

By all means i'm not knocking FLM as I love there stuff it is top notch, I actually had 2 savages that ran all there stuff before I started making parts.

looks nice did the fuel tank come with it or did you have to buy it separate? and did it come with the cross braces to screw the carbon plate too or is that separate too? i am wondering because it says on the site that it is a "kit" so just wondering.

thx.

The kit includes the CF plate, mounting braces, and screws along with the mount posts. The tank is an addition. I do sell them and do my best at stocking them or they can be purchased other places of your choice. I stock them to try to be a one shop stop to cover the parts needed to finish the setup.

I currently do not make the box mount and am not sure if I will make one for the Firestorm box but will be for sure making one for the HPI rush box as it is much better for monting to flat plates. I just need to find the time to do so.

what kind of tank are u using? just curious cause i just broke mine yesterday and would like a bigger one.

How much run time are yall getting out of this tank?

I have almost everything to complete the mid tank mod but i'm just wondering what kind of runtime to expect.

I'm getting 18 minutes of runtime per tank at this point. Thats running the smaller restricter inside the carb. I was getting 15 with the larger one and with the engine still running rich.

Members online

No members online now.
Back