"Pit Tip" #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesmilingpirate

What is needed:

Bristle brush
Can of WD-40

Whether you're a racer or a basher, this "Pit Tip" has advantages for both.

Spray the bristle brush with some WD-40 (more is not better in this application, go light) and brush down the chassis, driveline, and suspension. Stay away from electronics, engines and polycarbonate.

By brushing down these areas with WD-40, you'll leave an ultra thin layer of silicone that won't attract dirt and prevent it from adhering to your car.

The benefit of this 'Pit Tip" is that most dirt will simply fall from your chassis during a race keeping the suspension smooth and the chassis light. Also, any mud that does manage to hang on can be knocked off easily.

**If you're a basher that love's a dirty truck, disregard this "Pit Tip".**

More "Pit Tips" to follow!

Happy bashing!:salute:
eatvage

i never thought to apply this to RC, don't know why. i have seen people use PAM cooking spray on there 1:1 trucks when off roading mostly to keep the rims clean.

nice tip

Thanks dvinesquirrel.

I hope to add some more "Pit Tips" that I come across to the forum. Although these tips are out there in magazines and other sites, it's nice to have them in one place to reference back to when needed. Some tips will be new and there will be some tips that everybody knows. Hopefully, one of these tips will help somebody out.

it still gets dirty but this trick is perfect for quick cleaning i use this every race day

I have seen the racers at the local track using Pledge to keep their trucks clean. They spray it on, blow it off and repeat.

when I raced dirt oval (late 80's) I would use an aerosol dry silicon spray. Worked great. Same theory... Never thought about doing the same for the Savage..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back