pipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different pipes are good for different engines. What engine are you using.

check out the buku pipe. one pipe for amny many motors, they are tunable.
check out the buku threads, it is a bit pricey but I don't think they can be beat.

i will be banned if i buy purple omg. purples sexy ok. but rele i want a pipe that will inprove my cars preformance and is the hpi 1 empty in side doing nothing?

i used the stock plastic pipe at first then threw on the hpi ribbed pipe and there was a fairly big difference on take off. wheelied alot easier but i've always wondered how myself as there hollow as was stated in last post!

Savageshaun, I have to ask. What engine do you have? 4.1?

Because, I bought the ribbed pipe for my F4.6 liking the idea of low end power.

But after all my engine trouble, I got the opposite. I had such a terrible low end bog I couldn't get rid of...and its the pipe. Maybe I just don't have the tuning experience yet. But when I swap my stock composite pipe back on, tune it. I can flip my savvy hitting the gas. Put the ribbed on, and no matter how much time I spend on it I cannot get it to idle smooth or run decent right off the crack of the throttle.

However, top end on the ribbed is incredible in comparison to stock...so...

i have the 4.1 and like i said it runs awsome!! but i know there are better pipes out there I'm not sure why u would get the "low end bog"" chronic as i said mine has "crisp" throttle response and wheelies almost every time u crack the throttle!! sorry to hear it didnt work well for u chronic!! I'm sure if i put a better pipe on i might even get more power out of it but I'm just not sure what way to go! i think the buku sounds like a great pipe but I'm not sure i need all that "tuneabilty" so to speak as I'm never at a track or anything i just bash!! but I'm thinking of trying it anyway!! i've also thought long and hard about trying a dual exhaust as i like idea of all the oil and fuel and gunk being spit out the back and not all over my truck but i've heard they actually rob bottom end power so i guess i will try a few till i get it just right i suppose lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, compared to stock its almost deafening to start the truck standing beside it.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is. Like I said, I'm still learning to tune. But I can get the stock pipe running perfect. The ribbed...no matter what. I just can't get rid of this "crack of the throttle" bog. I probably have other problems just blaming the pipe.

Members online

No members online now.
Back