picking out a fuel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagebasher

I have a brand new savage coming in the mail. I would like to know the best fuel for the truck and what % to use. I appreciate any help.

odonnell's is a good choice or i have heard byrons is a good fuel as well!! i myself still run morgans backyard basher and have had no problems and it has a little more oil then the others so I'm thinking longer engine life but maybe not!!

i use byrons 20% myself and like it, heard it was good and my lhs had it.and i have used odonnels as well and didn't have any problems i wanted a colored fuel so it was easier to tell how empty i was. but unless you want to pay for outragous shipping on the fuel it will mostly depend on what your lhs has really.

i use 33% Byron's RTR with 18% oil. best fuel i've ever used and holds tune well!

i've used about every fuel out there.. and for awhile now i've been running byrons gen2 30%. but like i tell all my friends run what you can afford and stay away from high oil content, unless you like cleaning your owb

Like most members have said, it all depends on what's available locally to you. Stay away from Blue Thunder (way too much oil) and I've heard the same about, dare I say it, Traxxas. I personally run Byrons Gen2 30% and love it. Been usin Byrons for the past couple years since my LHS started carin it. But, since your gonna be runnin the stock motor, you'll need 20%, so look for that.

best thing to do is search locally and find out which brands are available within the distance you are willing to drive.

personally ive always preferred 30% in byrons gen 2 race.

nitrotane 30% is one of the best fuels on the market if yoiu can get it.

blue thunder race is supposed to be one of the best on the market.

put a few drops food coloring in the clear fuel if you have to.n b

I'm new to nitro. I traded my old E-Maxx for a Savage X 4.6. I'm currently trying to figure what fuel to run. I don't race and not too concerned about performance. I just use mine for fun (no competition). I'm currently using O'Donnel's 20%

I'm new to nitro. I traded my old E-Maxx for a Savage X 4.6. I'm currently trying to figure what fuel to run. I don't race and not too concerned about performance. I just use mine for fun (no competition). I'm currently using O'Donnel's 20%

hows it run? pretty good with odonn?

I used Oddonells and Byrons, they are both good especially with oil content. IMO the Oddonells oil seems more higher grade.

Latest posts

Members online

Back