Picco too lean??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan86

Savage Basher
Hey guys,
I bought a modded picco of savvyscott the other week, and i have a few questions if anyone can help.
When i was out giving the sav a bash, i noticed that it didnt sound right, it is revving high when i back off the throttle for about 4-5 seconds. I have read in the tuning part of the forum and it says that is a sign of being too lean.
I know you don't tune to temps, but the engine don't get over 215-220F so i didnt think it was too lean. Also because there is still a bit of fuel coming out the pipe still.
Is this a general characteristic of a modded engine (revving high after full throttle) or is it my needle settings? Other than it revving high the picco runs fine, no bogging, does wheelies, doesn't stall etc... Thanks in advance for the help :dunno:

actually my stock engine has always done that and i have never found out why? Temps were normal just as yours was...... WEIRD!!!

it's the weather :)

I was out last night and i had a real nice tune in the mid day and as soon as it his 0 maybe -3 with wind chill the mill leaned out so i gave it some juice and every time i let off the throttle it would rev high then back down to normal temps of 220 ish

Try a .5mm idle gap and tune the engine for what it wants, the temp gun could be out so don't put alot of faith in it. Modded engines operate the same as non modded, they just make more power and RPM and may require a slightly finer tune. Did you try my tuning guide?

Try a .5mm idle gap and tune the engine for what it wants, the temp gun could be out so don't put alot of faith in it. Modded engines operate the same as non modded, they just make more power and RPM and may require a slightly finer tune. Did you try my tuning guide?

I read the guide before.
It was to cold to mess around i just wanted the video and to get out and in the warm car.
I tried my best for light trail of smoke and not to bog out at full throttle..

Thanks for the replies

Yeah, i read you guide, its what i have been refering to when I'm trying to tune my engines.
It says to richen it up if it revs for a bit after full throttle, but if i do this it runs too rich, fuel spits out the pipe. even with the over revving it still spits a fair bit, i always have a fairly damp patch on the concrete from the fuel.

I will try the .5mm idle gap and give it a go and report back, I'm on night shift for a few nights so if i get a chance through out the day i will try. Thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Back