picco quites after jump landing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

i was running my savage today and decided to take it off my ramp and when i was jumping it (sorry video not ready yet) and after i landed the landing and the engine would die.

if i started it back up and went right off the ramp again it would die again, but if i would drive it around the yard a little then jump it it would be fine for a while then it would die again after sticking the landing. does anybody know why and how to prevent it from doing again? thanks.

shark

This happened on my hellfire and found for the HF it was the flywheel hitting the chassis, I'd check your engine screws to be sure they are all tight. Other than that IDK.

make sure the gear mesh is good between the CB and spur as well.

This could also be a tuning issue.

well i checked everything my screws were tight so tight when i went to do change my CB i had to use a pair of plyers on the hex wrench to loosen them, my bearings were still good and i had a good mess, so I'm guessing i still have some tunning to do, but its hard to know if I'm too rich or too lean for this problem is all. thanks for the help guys.

yeah thats the guide i went by but I'm down for alittle bit having trouble finding the right exhaust gasket my picco mine was all messed up but then i will be back up and running.

I was also thinking like Pope said your mesh could be to tight. Just a random question... how's the compression on the motor? good, bad? Like is the motor new or near it lifespan?

You should replace the con rod and bearings in that motor at the 2-3
Gallon mark. Break in is hell on them and that will give you another 10-12 gallons from the motor after that. Also at one gallon it is not fully broken in yet. Make sure you watch for temp spikes still.

the two bearings that iv heard are a real pain in the tuckus to replace? can those be replaced by someone whos never done that before, and is the connecting rod pretty easy to change?

best bet is to buy the entire block with bearings in it chop shop on ebay and same with the con rod than it is super easy cause you don't have to press old bearings out or new bearings in.

yeah thats what did got one off ebay for 20.00 bucks, can't find a con rod though amain is out of stock and tower doesn't carry them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back